INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request - have MC automatically resize detached video window  (Read 472 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I use the detached window a LOT.  I watch videos of many different aspect ratios.  I have to CONSTANTLY resize the player window to remove black space around videos, and I really, REALLY want to not need to do this any more.

Play a video in YouTube, click the detach button to undock it from the player, it is automatically the correct size/aspect ratio to show no black space.  Grab any side or corner of the window and drag, it resizes, but keeps the correct aspect ratio, and shows no black space around the video.  I want MC to do this. I really, really want MC to do this.

Windows Media player does the same.  I believe most other players do this also.

Ideally, it would even remove hard-coded black bars, but I'm completely fine if that doesn't happen.  Just having MC auto-size to the currently playing video would be an amazing improvement.

Removing/hiding the title bar at the top would be icing on the cake.  YouTube shows a re-attach button, play/pause button, mute button and close button (stop and re-attach) when you hover over the video, otherwise, it shows nothing but the video, correctly sized.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up