INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about audio features? Classical Music and Remotes  (Read 545 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
What about audio features? Classical Music and Remotes
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:19:40 am »

The last useful feature "for me" was the direct processing of DSD files.
Since I only used my HTPC to listen to music and have an extensive local collection of music, I don't need any kind of streaming services, TV and so on. Just playing local music.

My requests for MC28 are the same as the last 7 years:

* genre specific tags for the remote
Today, when I start playing (any genre) a song the remote (EOS/ Gizmo, what ever) is showing
1st row: song name
2nd row: interpred and album name

what I would like to see in genre classical
1st row: song name
2nd row: composer
3rd. row: orchestra / soloists / conduktor / Chorus
the Tag and there order should be configurable.

As I understand MC it provides the remote (EOS/ Gizmo, what ever) the data to display. So the remote shows what is delivered. Therefore a kind of "debt to be brought forward".

* Offline DB for the remote
sometimes I am surfing the net and some possible new music came across.
because my music server was not up and running ( or not available, offline, what ever) to check if I did not already have the CD I had to let pass the opportunity ( had to park the cd's in the shopping cart, what ever).
That is the reason why I am asking to implement the possibilities for a offline DB on the remote.

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: What about audio features? Classical Music and Remotes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 07:10:15 am »

I like to support the request for a better support for classical music. Especially

=> genre specific tags for the remote
=> there tags and there order should be configurable.

I would additionally like to remind the MC team of the feature request: "Better Support for Classical Music" (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128860.msg898981.html#msg898981)

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up