INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unsupported format Question  (Read 986 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Unsupported format Question
« on: May 24, 2020, 05:29:40 am »

I typically output to my Marantz receiver from my iMac through a DAC.   Just for fun I wanted to compare the quality of the DAC to a DLNA of the same music on the same system.   I got a UNSUPPORTED FORMAT from the Marantz when I use DLNA instead of the DAC.   I was using an ISO file and the JRiver file tag said DSF (DSD64).   

I also have Sonos speakers here and there and they are rumored to be upgrading the software to high resolution in a few weeks.   So I can DLNA to those speakers as well

Is there a way of not showing music files which are not comparable with the playback devices?   Not sure I can explain these errors to the rest of the family.

I am also not completely understanding the "Playing Now" section.   When I wanted to change from DAC to DLNA and I clicked the Marantz receiver....It tried to load a library !!!   Then I noticed there was another Marantz in the same list.   And I had to reload my original library. 

Here is what would clear it up for me....something similar to Sonos's APP or Roon.

Media Source (Pick One)

My Music Library Concise
   My Music Library Full

Playback Options (Pick all that apply) 

Marantz DLNA
   Marantz through DAC
   Sonos - Living Room
   Sonos Bedroom

With the MC menu options - I always end up clicking in a trial and error confusion.

Is there a writeup or help video on this? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unsupported format Question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 06:05:17 am »

DLNA doesn't support the ISO format.  You can try setting the DLNA server to convert audio.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Unsupported format Question
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 05:23:45 am »

DLNA doesn't support the ISO format.  You can try setting the DLNA server to convert audio.

Not sure I'm doing this right.

Sonos Gen 2 takes up to 48K 24 bit FLAC but not DSD, ISO, etc.  I have the DLNA "files to convert" checked off for these.   On my Raspi4 I created and renamed a new General DLNA and clicked on the DSP studio (in DLNA SERVER ADVANCED) and MC crashes.   It is repeatable....

Obviously that's not the way to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up