INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to pin a folder from the Explorer for quick access?  (Read 569 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
How to pin a folder from the Explorer for quick access?
« on: May 24, 2021, 04:19:16 pm »

Often, the new songs I downloaded into my music download folder don't show up quick enough in Media Center, despite me having set it to automatically import from specific folders on my computer. I would often get impatient to wait the long time it takes for Media Center to detect the new downloads and import them, so I would manually drag the new downloads into Media Center to import them. To do that, I would either drag them from Windows Explorer, or I would do it from Media Center's Explorer.

What I would like, is to ideally have that download folder pinned to a spot in Media Center so I can very quickly access it and import the newly downloaded songs. However, it appears there's no way to do that, since I can only pin created playlists to the top toolbar area, and there's also no way to pin a specific folder location in the Audio views (such as Disk Location). And I can't do it as a Smartlist either because those new downloads won't be detected anyway. Any ideas how I might get this done?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to pin a folder from the Explorer for quick access?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 05:48:43 am »

Why don't you just trigger Auto-Import to run instead of waiting for it to run. On File menu, Library, Import then choose "Run Auto-Import Now". I have this added to customised toolbar, and just hit a button up on the top toolbar to trigger this with no menus.

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 06:24:18 am »

One of the toolbar items you can add is called favourites, or navigation, or similar... Find it, add it to your toolbar, then add favourite locations to it via right click on said location in the tree. (See next post)

As you may have guessed, I don't have an MC in front of me right now, hence the vagueness, but, it is there.

The interface for managing these 'favourite' entries is seriously out dated and clunky, but again, it does work.

The only thing that doesn't work is connection. What I mean is, say you add a playlist to that list, then later, you may move that playlist, or rename it... These actions will break that navigational favorite entry on the toolbar.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 12:43:38 pm »

OK...

The toolbar item is called "Favourites".
Mine looks like so:

To add items to this menu, load the location you want a quick link to, then click the toolbar icon and choose "Add to favourites"

If I'm honest, I very rarely use this these days, typically running between nine and fourteen tabs instead :)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 11:20:07 pm »

OK...

The toolbar item is called "Favourites".
Mine looks like so:

To add items to this menu, load the location you want a quick link to, then click the toolbar icon and choose "Add to favourites"

If I'm honest, I very rarely use this these days, typically running between nine and fourteen tabs instead :)

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Does have many tabs open consume more resource in any way? If not, that actually sounds like a good approach. I have never used multiple tabs in MC before, so I'll give it a try and see how I like it.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 02:15:46 pm »

Why don't you just trigger Auto-Import to run instead of waiting for it to run. On File menu, Library, Import then choose "Run Auto-Import Now". I have this added to customised toolbar, and just hit a button up on the top toolbar to trigger this with no menus.

Good tip. I've added this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up