INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New here, I'm looking to open a MJP file, and was told Media Center would open i  (Read 5976 times)

momosour

Hello, everyone, like the subject says, I just downloaded the JRiver Media Center because I was trying to open a MJP file. But when I tried to open it on my WIndows 10, nothing happens, sometimes it tries to open VLC player, but nothing will show, if I try to open it on a MAC it says something about a package can't be open. I don't know what to do to open the file, any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

mjp is a JRiver extension for plug-ins, but you may need something else.  What kind of file is it?

momosour

Hi I'm so sorry for the late reply. Things in my life got in the way, but the strange thing is the file is a .MJP nothing else shows that it is a different file type.

JimH

• Administrator

What is supposed to be in it?

momosour

I have no idea, I was getting footage from a gas station because someone hit my car and the store manager gave me .mjp files to show the crash. So it should be a video file, but the manager cant give me any other file format.

JimH

• Administrator

I did a Google search and it appears to be a video file (Motion Jpeg).  You might try renaming it with a .mpg extension.  Then try playing it.

mjp is our format but it isn't video.  It's used by MC for installing plug-ins.

Other extensions you could try:  .mpeg or .mp4

momosour

That worked, thank you so much!!!

JimH

• Administrator

You're welcome.  What did you do?
Pages: [1]   Go Up