INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Default Skin from Pixtudio  (Read 2434 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
New Default Skin from Pixtudio
« on: April 02, 2003, 02:26:00 pm »

Tonight's build includes a new skin.  It's called PixOS and it's from Pixtudio.   www.pixtudio.com .

A larger image is here:

www.jriver.com/~jriver/misc/pixos.jpg

I should add that my screenshots don't do the skin justice.  You'll have to try it.

A big thanks to Pixtudio!  They've been great to work with and have given MC a fresh face.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: New Default Skin from Pixtudio
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 02:27:13 pm »

Feel free to use screenshots of MC as your wallpaper from now on.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 05:16:58 pm »

Wow, this is like a dream come true. It looks AMAZING with my Aqua skin for XPhttp://chat.carleton.ca/~ahawkins/ScreenShot.jpg

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 06:29:18 pm »

The new skin is *very* good, team. It's tasteful, subtle and readable. All the gradients and shading are quite pleasing.

I noted a change. The Z skin uses a highlighted slider control to indicate Mute active (or dark blue, if you prefer). The PixOS skin indicates Mute active as non-highlighted (background color).

The Dude

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 09:50:52 pm »

Fantastic work on the new skin. Honestly, in my eyes, the greatest detraction to using MC all the time was that it wasn't as easy on the eyes as other programs - even Windows Media Player. This skin will definitely change that. Now if only more people adept at making skins will get in on the action and make more mega-me skins as good as this and introduce kickass mini-me skins, too.

nila

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 09:58:24 pm »

As sad as it is, I too have to agree.
Real Player was really catching my attention alot, not because of it's functionality but because of the way it looked.
As sad as it sounds, the look of the program means a lot.
This new skin really pulls together all the new icons exceptionally well and makes the overall feel much more fluid and smooth.
Really helps to give MJ that eye candy effect that is very important.

Are we going to see a mini-me skin to match for release day?

Also, just out of curiosity, did that same company do the new icons?

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 05:32:00 am »

:P Don't care for it!!! :P

It's too light, pale, faint, pastel, etc.

The icons at the bottom of the screen are too faint.

Not enough contrast.

The white background is too glaring & hard on the eyes.

My vote goes to GreenEyes... my favorite skin of all time.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 06:28:09 am »

I like the skin.  I also agree that its just a little too light. I vote darkening the colors a little bit.

nila

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2003, 06:34:59 am »

lurve it :)
Only thing I dont like is that the seperators in the toolbar aren't really visible and that the white borders on the right click menu are also barely visible and so the menu's tend to blend into background ones.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2003, 06:43:29 am »

Outstanding work, nice facelift!

And I love the new node icons (genre, year, etc).

MC9 is lookin' and workin' better and better, and I'm glad to have been here for all of this.  I can't wait to see the final product!  Whoop!

(of course, MC9 is still missing one very important command-line switch.  ;) ;D)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

vantran

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 07:01:37 am »

I really like the overall design of the new skin, however, I really prefer not to have the white panels.  It's just too glaring and difficult for the eyes.  I hope there will be an alternate color panels in the near future.  :)  Thanks!

matshif

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 07:44:26 am »

:P Don't care for it!!! :P

It's too light, pale, faint, pastel, etc.

The icons at the bottom of the screen are too faint.

Not enough contrast.

The white background is too glaring & hard on the eyes.

My vote goes to GreenEyes... my favorite skin of all time.

Even if I agree with most of your ideas my favorite skin is Viewing Screen.

/Mats

MachineHead

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2003, 12:28:38 pm »

I like the skin.  I also agree that its just a little too light. I vote darkening the colors a little bit.

Simple....

MC should be closed because changes will not take effect until you re-open it.

Open notepad, and from within notepad open MegaSkins folder in JRiver program folder. Find the one that says PixOS, and open the XML. (Tell notepad to open 'All' types of files and select the XML file in this folder.)

Once you have the XML showing in notepad, find a heading that looks like this:

<TREE>

Where it says Back="ffffff" change this to Back="E1E7EC"

Same with heading:

<LIST>

Save and open MC. Tada, you are now a skinner, sort of. ;)

sraymond

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 04:58:54 pm »

MachineHead:  (or anyone else!)  Can you tell me which XML tag controls the color of the thin line that borders the menus and separates the groups within a menu?

Scott-

The Dude

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2003, 09:07:21 am »

MachineHead:  (or anyone else!)  Can you tell me which XML tag controls the color of the thin line that borders the menus and separates the groups within a menu?

I second this request. The right click menus are hard to see when there's a white border around light blue. I tried looking in the XML markup for it, but I wasn't quite sure which one it is. Help would be appreciated.

MachineHead

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 10:03:23 am »

Scott-

*Sorry I pulled this a minute ago. Had to double check something.*

Heading is:

<FRAME>
     <Colors Text="000000" DisabledText = "5d007d" Face3D="E6EBF3" Shadow3D="111111" Hilight3D="111111"

/>

This is directly from the xml opened in notepad. Note, for more contrast modify Shadow3D and Hilight3D to the numbers given above ie:"111111".

If you have a paint or photo program that includes an rgb color index you could play around and add them (the rgb numbers) to your xml as you see fit. This is just an example with black.

zevele10

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 11:43:18 am »

I have to say that this skin is a very very nice and in fashion dress to MC.

Now ,it is blue, so it lasted 65 seconds on my screen...back  to Woodeck , the only skin i use, with Windows look.
Who is also ,of cause in beige and brown

MachineHead

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2003, 06:25:59 am »

Heading is:

<FRAME>
<Colors Text="000000" DisabledText = "5d007d" Face3D="E6EBF3" Shadow3D="111111" Hilight3D="111111"  

/>

This is directly from the xml opened in notepad. Note, for more contrast modify Shadow3D and Hilight3D to the numbers given above ie:"111111".

If you have a paint or photo program that includes an rgb color index you could play around and add them (the rgb numbers) to your xml as you see fit. This is just an example with black.

There's a problem with this if you had changed the xml. It lies in File Properties. If you have changed the Hilight3D to "111111" it will black out the file properties when it is opened. For some reason Hilight3D is linked to file properties. To be able to see the properties again and still have a bit of a contrast, change the 111111 in Hilight3D to CECAC8.

sraymond

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2003, 09:14:27 am »

MachineHead:  Thanks!  That was exactly what I was looking for.  Now I can see the menus much better!

Hopefully JRiver will eventually give the menu "lines" its own tag - because it's kind of unfortunate that they're tied to the backbround of the editable fields in the File Info window.

I appreciated the help.

Scott-

MachineHead

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2003, 10:01:27 am »

MachineHead:  Thanks!  That was exactly what I was looking for.  Now I can see the menus much better!

Hopefully JRiver will eventually give the menu "lines" its own tag - because it's kind of unfortunate that they're tied to the backbround of the editable fields in the File Info window.

I appreciated the help.

Scott-

Sorry Scott, and anyone else,  if I threw you for a loop with original post. I checked just about everything but file properties when I posted that the other day.  :-[

It would be nice to seperate this from hilight3d for sure. I just printed out the sdk to see if there is some way to get around this. Don't hold your breath with me and an sdk though!  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up