INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pausing music for x number of minutes eventually Stops and clears playlist?  (Read 497 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

Not sure if I'm missing an obvious setting here - it's a problem that has cropped up in the last year or so (don't remember it from years and years of using MC).

When I pause my music I sometimes competely forget about it for 15, 20 minutes, an hour, maybe more.  I'll eventually throw my cans back on and hit the play button again only to realize that MC no longer has the music paused but rather has stopped and cleared the playlist.

I don't know how long it is until this happens (because I'm not watching for it), or if there is anything else I'm doing on my computer in other apps in the meantime that might be causing this.

Any thoughts?

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

OK - I think I'm narrowing down on the problem.  I think another app (likely a Web browser) is trying to send MC a stream to open - and that wipes out the currently-playing playlist:

5797534: 34760: Playback: CJRPlaybackEngine::Play: Playing: live://ipc?pipe=0000000000000BDC&streaming=1

This seems to fit the pattern - sometimes I definitely pause MC, go listen to something in another app, and then try and go back to my playlist.  I'll keep investigating - things are a little funky in this regard because I have DAC set to be in exclusive mode - I also have the JRiver set up as Windows device for other apps to use (which I don't really do).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

That could be the WDM driver if something plays a system sound.  Making MC not the default sound device would be one solution.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

Yeah, that seems like it would fit the pattern.  I'll try just disabling the WDM driver/device and see if the problem goes away...  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up