INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: difficulty with 23/24p v. 59/60p on Blu Ray  (Read 518 times)

mkolmar

• Recent member
difficulty with 23/24p v. 59/60p on Blu Ray
« on: June 04, 2021, 05:39:54 pm »

I am having some difficulty juggling between film and non-film content on Blu Ray. If MC is set to change display to match content, the menu may come up at 23p but 29.97fps content also plays at 23p. This does not work when playing by title either, though I think typically I've been able to change display settings in the Window menu successfully. If MC is set up not to change display, MadVR is able to get the desired refresh rates per title. MadVR, however, also seems stuck at the initial frame rate if I play through the menu. I appreciate the limitations of DVD and Blu Ray menus. So the main thing that does not work, but seems like it ought to, is to let MC set the refresh rate when playing by title.

The HTPC cannot handle Red October HQ, but I am using some custom MadVR settings.

On a related tangent, is it possible to play DVD by title, no menu? Generally, DVD works well, but on some discs the DVD menu will not come up unless I turn off Optimize hardware decoding. For some reason, if Optimize is turned off, intermittently during Blu Ray playback I see a small flashing block (about the size of a '.' in a subtitle) usually near the center right of the screen. I suspect movies on the DVDs would play if I could get past the menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up