INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio view - panes crash  (Read 506 times)

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Audio view - panes crash
« on: June 06, 2021, 07:21:03 pm »

Opening the "stock" audio view 'panes' crashes 27.0.85 every time. Even after an uninstall-reboot-reinstall. Attempting to customize the view also crashes MC. Renaming the view and then opening it crashes MC. Deleting the view works. Creating a new pane view works fine. Renaming the new pane view to the stock 'Panes' gives me a working stock 'Panes' view but I lose any modifications I made in my new view.

If I recall correctly it's happened at least since the last version. So I have a working work-around but I'm still curious as to what causes this crash and if it's an issue that will reappear for me.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Audio view - panes crash
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 02:37:46 am »

I complete guess ... but make sure your .NET files and Windows updates are current. .NET can cause those quirky issue - but I am not sure MC is using those libraries. Other than that it sounds like you PC system files need a refresh try looking at Windows System File Checker (Cmd C:win/system32/SFC /scannow) and other recovery options there.

David
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 07:31:28 am »

MC doesn't use .NET.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 08:39:27 am »

Opening the "stock" audio view 'panes' crashes 27.0.85 every time. Even after an uninstall-reboot-reinstall. Attempting to customize the view also crashes MC. Renaming the view and then opening it crashes MC. Deleting the view works. Creating a new pane view works fine. Renaming the new pane view to the stock 'Panes' gives me a working stock 'Panes' view but I lose any modifications I made in my new view.

If I recall correctly it's happened at least since the last version. So I have a working work-around but I'm still curious as to what causes this crash and if it's an issue that will reappear for me.

Could you send me a library backup that's crashing?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.  Maybe it will turn something up.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up