INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC27 Import Issues  (Read 610 times)

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
MC27 Import Issues
« on: June 15, 2021, 04:51:48 am »

After discussing this briefly with @bob (Thanks!), his advice was to put it in the Windows section (so that it gets the most attention), as it affects all versions/OS.

During evaluation of MC27 on a MacBook of a family member (for camera photos and videos only, to get rid of whatever Apple calls its own implementation), I saw several issues during import, and I could reproduce them under Windows and Linux (Debian).

For some files, mostly videos, MC27 will do strange stuff...
  • It'll use parts of the filename to fill the date field (which isn't empty for the actual file...). This, I had to correct manually, and was a lot of work (going back top each file, check the date, and correct the library).
  • It'll just truncate the filename for the name field. This forced me to use "Name: FileName(,0)" on import (it worked, as far as I can tell).
  • It'll use parts of the filename to come up with some fictional Season/Episode naming for the file and assign media sub type "TV Show". In the screenshot, I had already corrected this, so that the file shows up in the view I used to show another issue... This is also mitigated by using "Name: FileName(,0)" on import.
  • It'll also ignore the date meta data of the actual file (same screenshot). This also requires manual work see first bullet point).
  • It'll therefore also ignore the "Album: Left([Date],10)" I apply on import to get the home video files grouped as the images are by default (would be cool, if these would be treated the same way as the images are, so they are automatically grouped). You'll note that the Album field is empty

All files are on a server, and accessed via SMB/CIFS (read only). The imports are done with a blank, completely unmodified library (so, everything's "off the shelf").

Also, there are the other issues I'm seeing with the Views themselves having some issues (also unmodified, "off the shelf")...

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129640.0.html

Thanks in advance for looking into this!
END OF LINE.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC27 Import Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 06:44:31 am »

Thanks for the report.  What file types?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 06:56:15 am »

Can you try a test without Samba?

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 07:36:57 am »

You're welcome.

I've seen this for *.mov, *.mp4, *.avi. There might be others, but these are the ones I know for sure.

Yeah, I can test without shared drives.
END OF LINE.

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 07:51:34 am »

...and done. Looks the same.
END OF LINE.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 12:28:00 pm »

We touched on some of these issues earlier in the year... https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128783.0.html

Which resulted in...
Next build:
Changed: The season and episode parser for Carnac will not flag 720 or 1080.
Changed: Carnac will not use the number in a video named like "IMG_####" for season and episode.

Thanks for the help.

Clearly there are more outliers. For sure, Carnac should not be applying a [Date] of "1948" to a file named IMG_1948

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up