INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seamlessly streaming Qobuz with JRiver MC in Windows 10 - Still some issues  (Read 855 times)

poppy

Hi all,

I’m looking for a solution to an issue that I currently have.

My settings are as follows:

Qobuz app (Windows 10 pro 64 bits) with output JRiver MC with Wasapi Exclusive > JRiver 27.0.85 with ouput my DAC (dac8pro)
with ASIO drivers (DIYINHK USB Audio driver v4.67).

Here is the issue. Suppose that I want to play a song from Qobuz with sample rate 96kHz while the previous song played from Qobuz had a different sample rate.
Then it takes about 6 seconds for my DAC to adapt to the change of sample rate, i.e. it takes 6 seconds to display the new rate on the DAC screen and start
playing the song. It wouldn't be a problem in itself if it was just a lag. But the beginning of the song that is played is missing (about 6 seconds).

I still have the same issue:

- if instead of using Wasapi Exclusive between Qobuz and JRiver I use Wasapi or Directsound
- if instead of using the ASIO driver between JRiver and the DAC I use Wasapi or Directsound

There is no issue if the sample rate is unchanged and the number of bits changes (for instance from 24 to 16 bits or vice versa).
I thought it was a buffering issue. I tried everything: 0 second in Qobuz and the minimum in JRiver (2 seconds). No changes.
I tried plenty of other things. Unsuccessful.

Has anybody encountered a similar issue with his/her DAC?
(I'm hopping this is not specific to my DAC dac8pro)

There was an issue I fixed this weekend that some of you may have encountered.

Qobuz app with output JRiver MC with Wasapi Exclusive was systematically stuttering for me. Using Wasapi or Directsound instead was fine, but my DAC (dac8pro) wasn't able to display the
sample rate from Qobuz. The sample rate displayed was always the same regardless of the sample rate output by Qobuz.

Fiddling around with Windows 10 settings, I found that the only way to have Wasapi Exclusive to work is to choose, in the sound control panel of Windows,
default format 192kHz 24 bits for JRiver MC listed as one of the playback devices [If the default format chosen is 96kHz 24 bit, stuttering remains even when playing 44kHz/48kHz/96kHz].
Further, my DAC is now able to display the 'correct' sample rate output by Qobuz.

amdismal

• Junior Woodchuck

I have spent more time than I care to talk about trying to make Qobuz play nicely with the WDM, on many different computer and DAC / sound card combinations. It has worked well at times, but it's totally unpredictable.

What I do now, on three different systems, is as follows:
- Install Logitech Media Server v8.2, with plugins for Qobuz and UPNP bridge
- Install JRiver MC and media server
- Use LMS to play over DLNA to JRiver, getting full access to the processing etc in JRiver

This works entirely flawlessly - no pops or delays for music to start on any system, irrespective of sample rate changes. The Qobuz integration in LMS is good, as are the remote control systems. Volume controls work correctly as well.

(FWIW I actually have LMS running on a raspberry pi and JRiver running on Windows PCs, but if you have just the one system it would work fine all on the same Windows PC.)

As far as I have been able to ascertain the WDM implementation is not to blame, but it's always been a hassle getting it to work, and it's never been reliable. My solutions are now, finally, reliable!
Pages: [1]   Go Up