INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem loading music files into MC because the file length is too long.  (Read 461 times)

PatrickT

• Recent member

I am using MC on two different system. On one system (System 1) the music files are loaded into external hard drives and on the other (System 2) into a Synology NAS. I never experience any difficulty when loading new music into MC on System 1 but this is not the case on System 2. On this system (2) I often get an error message indicating that the length of the music file is too long for MC to load. When this happens I must go into those files that are too long and manually delete text to shorten the file and, once this is done, the files will successfully load into MC. To say that this is annoying is an understatement. Any suggestions for how to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The length inclludes the full path.

MC has a setting for long filenames.  Maybe in the Advanced section.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

How are you identifying the files on the NAS to JRiver?  If you are using the full path description (e.g., Music (\\192.168.1.242) or other long term), try mapping the NAS drive library to something like Z:
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up