INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Played (album)  (Read 447 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Last Played (album)
« on: June 21, 2021, 10:24:07 pm »

I see the above subject listed for the new version. But I have searched all over for this. Can someone explain to me. For a long time now I am most interested in when changing play list, starting playback at the last played album instead of the beginning of the play list. For long playlist, 40,000 tracks or more the last place anyone would want to begin listening is at the beginning.

Ever since release 20 I have prayed for this feature.

Regards, Harroun

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Last Played (album)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 12:53:49 am »

But I have searched all over for this. Can someone explain to me.

You searched?  Simply using the forum search box turns up the following as first hit:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129719.msg899990.html#msg899990

Related history: see the Reference link in the first post of that article.

For playlists, you can add a new column for "last played (album)" in the usual way by right clicking on a column header and selecting this field.  Then toggle this column header to change the sort order.

For views, one approach is to create your favorite album view and then in the tab drop down menu: Sort By > Custom > Descending (Z-A) > "Last played (album)".

As you listen to more and more albums, the most recently played albums accumulate at the top of the list.  Since this field is writable, you can push albums around in the list at any time by typing in a date for this field directly in the playlist or in a tag window.  Changing the date for one track immediately changes it for all tracks in the album.  You can also apply additional sort fields, which is useful for ordering all the albums which have "never played".

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 02:35:28 am »

I see the above subject listed for the new version. But I have searched all over for this. Can someone explain to me. For a long time now I am most interested in when changing play list, starting playback at the last played album instead of the beginning of the play list. For long playlist, 40,000 tracks or more the last place anyone would want to begin listening is at the beginning.

Ever since release 20 I have prayed for this feature.

Regards, Harroun

To resume a playlist starting with the track after the one "Last Played" using the Last Played (album) field you would have to add the playlist to Playing Now without allowing MC to play it make the Last Played(album) field/tag visible in the details panel scroll down to the track that has the highest value in that field select the next track and set that one playing.

N.B. This is no different to using the original/existing Last Played field/tag

The only way for that getting to the "Next Unplayed Track" in the playlist automatically would be for MC to store something about the "Last Played Track in that playlist" so that a "Resume Playlist" option could navigate down to the track after the one "last played" and start playing from that point.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 06:29:26 am »

Well, I am still struggling to find things here.

What I have been looking for would be to replicate the "Playing Now - Player" at the top of the screen. This list or how ever to call it. If you close the program or the computer and later restart, the list is not altered in anyway and playback starts at the last
track played.

My preference is changing my current sorting of the list. First priority is "album" and second is track#. So all stays in a stack of album. For me this is important as classical music needs to be played in the original order on the albums.

It seems like in the "edit smartlist" window have a check box to enable the last played track value (max) to point to the track to start playing when the list is moved to the player.

Sorry, I am not very familiar with terms used by programmers. So I pray this is not too confusing.

Right now I have come up with a very crude way to somewhat accomplish this, but is very tedious at time and has limitations. Have been using the last play (regular) field, if the field is blank, the it is included in the list, if played not. The specified order is maintained. Problem is I can not back up. And also when reaching the end I have to clear the last play field.

If this is implemented, then should consider adding at "return" function when the last track is played. In other words return to the top of the list.

Another way to look at this, imagine the old mechanical CD changers operations. the current disc remains in the drive and that s where the start takes place. The carousel keeps going around and round for continuous playing.

Harroun
Pages: [1]   Go Up