INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with remove played files from Playing Now leave the last five files  (Read 373 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

For some of the tracks in my library there some where the lyrics contain what I consider garbage. things like [Verse 1], [Chorus], etc. My normal method of listening is to use a smartlist that selects 1 Track per physical disc and set that playing. Because the Lyrics tag is visible in the lower window if I spot one that needs editing I will select that tracks lyrics tag/field and edit it

Up till now I've never allowed MC to delete any tracks it has played from that playlist but having spotted the new leave the last five played files in the playlist I thought I'd give it a try

Yesterday I spotted something I didn't like happening if I just happened to be editing the lyrics for a file lower down the playlist at the same time as MC was completing the playback for the current track and switching to the next one.

The 1st 2 times not only did the track I was editing loose focus, something that doesn't happen when MC is told not to delete played files from the playlist, when I looked at the playlist for some reason MC removed at least the 5 tracks it had played plus the track I was editing. I can only assume that at some point in the process I had hit the delete button to remove extraneous content from the lyrics and MC had translated that into a command to remove that track, plus a few others, from the playlist. The playlist was now playing Track #1 in the new sequence. Thankfully MC had only removed those tracks form the playlist!

The 3rd time it happened I was paying close attention to what was going on. I was editing the Lyrics for a Bon Jovi Track and was scrolling through them when that track lost focus. This time MC only removed what had been the 1st played track in the sequence to leave 5 played tracks in the list. However when I scrolled back down the the Bon Jovi Track I became aware that MC had "misbehaved" in a really weird way. The lyrics for the Bon Jovi track were in an unedited state, even though I had made some changes prior to it loosing focus. But what was showing for the next track in the playlist had me uttering a few well chosen Anglo Saxon phrases. That next track just happened to be a piece of classical music that has no lyrics - but MC was telling me it did; when I looked at those lyrics they were the Partially Edited Copy of the Bon Jovi Lyrics  ::)

Guess that's an option I won't be using/trust again in a hurry
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up