INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HEOS stops playing when switching song bitrate. [Solved]  (Read 1540 times)

Deders

• Recent member
HEOS stops playing when switching song bitrate. [Solved]
« on: June 24, 2021, 09:42:28 am »

I have a Marantz sr6015 and recently discovered how useful the Playdoctor is. The only problem I have with streaming over DNLA/HEOS is when the song changes to a song with a different bitrate.  It tries to play the song for about 18 seconds (it shows the previous song playing but no sound) and then comes up with an error on the HEOS screen saying it can't play the song.  I have to manually start the song to get it to play.

Is there a solution for this?  I have tried "ignore transport events"
I have also tried disabling DLNAExtra, and enabling bitrate field.

Deders

• Recent member
Re: HEOS stops playing when switching song bitrate
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 10:01:28 pm »

So I've made a discovery.  The server side of things seems OK, I can queue up songs from the JRiver server using the the Heos phone app and they will play continously and switch bitrates when necessary without pausing.

The problem seems to be the way Media Center itself tells Heos what the next song is.  My thoughts hover in the area of crossfade/gapless audio or something similar, although I don't know if that's possible with DNLA.

I guess if the worst comes to the worst, I could create a playlist using playdoctor, export it and see if Heos will read it, then I can add songs manually using the remote, but it would be much much easier to use a mouse to drag and drop.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 03:58:54 am »

UPNP does not push a playlist. It pushes individual tracks one by one via a series of single SetAVTUri commands. If your player supports gapless play then MC might use one SetAVTUri followed by a series of single SetNextAVTUri commands. You might try the MC setting, “disable SetNext support”..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Deders

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 06:04:43 am »

Thank you so much, this is working perfectly now. One song stops, the next song plays no matter the bitrate.

I can stop my search for another media player that allows you to drag and drop into a playlist and bitstream over DLNA that doesn't seem to exist, and I get to use playdoctor 😁

phillil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 10:57:32 am »

UPNP does not push a playlist. It pushes individual tracks one by one via a series of single SetAVTUri commands. If your player supports gapless play then MC might use one SetAVTUri followed by a series of single SetNextAVTUri commands. You might try the MC setting, “disable SetNext support”..

I also have the same issue, when that when a track changes audio format, the player stops (with a Marantz amp)

Where is the setting you mentioned "disable SetNext support"? I am on v26, maybe it's not there for me?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: HEOS stops playing when switching song bitrate. [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 09:46:35 am »

Doesn't "disable SetNext support" mean you can nolonger do gapless playback?
Pages: [1]   Go Up