INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Rapid volume adjustment fading  (Read 371 times)

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature request: Rapid volume adjustment fading
« on: June 25, 2021, 07:42:36 pm »

The Volume Protection option works in a way, but it's a bit cumbersome/slow, so I don't use it. Then if you move the volume slider on the interface (or on JRemote2/JRemote) too quickly (or mouse-click a spot that's a fair stretch away) you can get a rough "crack" in the audio output.

It would be really fantastic if an option (say "Volume adjustment fading") enabled hitting any point on the slider and the slider would "whoosh" slowly (say over 1 second) to the new volume position while the volume output faded between the start and target levels. This would really give the impression of something very slick over the competitors and mimic old fashioned analogue volume controls where no crack like that ever happened no matter how quickly one turned the dial.

I appreciate that such an option might not be easy to implement to cover the possibility of people tapping/dragging/mouse clicking again before the target is reached. Maybe a 1 second disable so no input is registered until the target is reached.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature request: Rapid volume adjustment fading
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 08:45:41 pm »

Great idea +1 from me.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature request: Rapid volume adjustment fading
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 12:52:26 pm »

Perhaps a simple descriptive term for this idea would be "Volume damper". Also my choice of the word "crack" to describe the audible artefact when the volume is changed by a large step might be a little inflated. What I mean is the "pop" often heard. In my systems this can vary from a light tick to a mild crack. Either way a smooth transition would IMO be a wonderful improvement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up