INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 27.0.66 is the last version that works for me  (Read 695 times)

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 27.0.66 is the last version that works for me
« on: June 27, 2021, 07:26:53 am »

I normally swap around different USB DACs with my PC and laptop. It seems newer update made hotswap not working and I have to choose audio output manually before playing.

After digging on older releases, I found version 27.0.66 is the last version that allow me to hotswap between USB audio devices using WASAPI output. Newer releases has WASAPI bug.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128562.0.html

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 27.0.66 is the last version that works for me
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 07:35:36 am »

We were using the default device in some cases which was a mistake.  Look at zones and Zone Switch for your problem.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 08:33:28 am »

I performed clean reinstallation and select WASAPI output then swap USB DAC from version 85 down one by one until I got it working on 66. It was clearly a bug that detecting default device doesn't work after build 66. Zone and zone switch will have nothing to do with it if I removed everything and install from scratch then select WASAPI, right?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 08:53:50 am »

It's working properly for me in MC28.

I can select the default device for Direct Sound and it routes to my monitor speakers (the default).

There's no default selection for WASAPI so I need to pick a device.  Doing that also works.

We'll work on MC28 if you can find a problem, but we'll need more information to reproduce it.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 02:05:01 pm »

I use MC27.0.85 and have no problem so far (32Bit and 64Bit). Works fine on Win7Pro.

Peter

MagerClab

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2021, 09:14:08 pm »

It's working properly for me in MC28.

I can select the default device for Direct Sound and it routes to my monitor speakers (the default).

There's no default selection for WASAPI so I need to pick a device.  Doing that also works.

Confirmed. 😀

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 10:52:28 am »

You guys didn't do the scenario I have. Here's simple trick for you guys to test out.

1. Change output to WASAPI
2. Open regedit
3. Nagivate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 27\Zones\0\WASAPI"
4. Change "Device" to any random name that doesn't exist
5. Tap play again and you'll see it won't re-route to default WASAPI that works like older version

This bug happens after 27.0.66 and yet to be resolved in 28.0.32. For now I'll use 27.0.66 and I won't upgrade to version 28 until devs fix it.

I carry my laptop around and plug with dedicated USB DAC like Chord Mojo, sometimes Fiio or iBasso DAPs or portable DAC from phone with Type C connector.

Since I disabled onboard audio on device, whatever USB audio device I plug on will work as default WASAPI output and never fail to play since older version like Media Center 17.

I don't want to experience the annoyance of swapping USB audio and have audio device not working and I have to setup manually again due to recent bugs after 27.0.66.

Devs can also try to replicate this bug with this method to confirm and you guys can do that too. I don't know what changes since 27.0.66 caused that but they'd better fix it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 11:22:39 am »

"Default" device is not implemented for WASAPI, that it somehow used to work was pure coincedence. Could make a feature request for WASAPI "Default" device for MC28, or use DirectSound default device.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 11:31:12 am »

So that pure coincidence has been working fine since years back and now they removed that coincidence and suggested feature request to bring back WASAPI default routing fix back as a feature.

OK. I'll request to implement default WASAPI routing feature as it used to work in older days since version 17 again. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up