INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does MC revert to another zone after Tools/Options/Audio/DSP?  (Read 635 times)

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

This problem/issue has been present for many versions and occurs in MC28 as well.

When I travel this route to modify the parameters on the currently active zone, as I back out of it to play something, MC resets the current zone to another default local zone. 

1.  Why does it not return to the original zone?
2.  How does it determine which zone?  For a long time, it returned to one not in use for years but, when I deleted that one, it returned to yet another old zone.   I have now culled the list to the 4-5 zones I use but I cannot get it to just stay where it was:  the current active zone.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Why does MC revert to another zone after Tools/Options/Audio/DSP?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 09:39:10 am »

It doesn't switch zones for me, but just click the DSP button at the top right instead of going into options.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 10:02:23 am »

It doesn't switch zones for me, but just click the DSP button at the top right instead of going into options.
Yes, I discovered that if I go directly to (and from) DSP, it behaves correctly.  However:
1.  Sometimes I need to go to Audio (and back).  The diversion is annoying.  Why should it happen at all.
2.  How is the default(!) zone chosen and why can't I specify it?
3.  It is not possible to go directly to DSP with DLNA/LAN zones.  (See my related thread on that, please.)
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 05:44:11 pm »

I agree.  It would be very nice if it restored to the same zone upon exit. 

And for me, when I forgot to reset the zone,  I've ended up having to dismiss multiple dialog boxes ("zone does not support this format") before I can switch back to correct zone. 

Changing this so that it restores to original zone would be one of those little things that makes the user experience that much better.

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 07:14:25 pm »

Changing this so that it restores to original zone would be one of those little things that makes the user experience that much better.
More than that.  I most often go to these tools to correct or improve the configuration for that particular zone/device.  If MC does not revert to that same zone/device, it adds more steps to the system editing task.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Pages: [1]   Go Up