INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: collapsing items in tree collapses wrong item  (Read 647 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
collapsing items in tree collapses wrong item
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:48:02 pm »

When I have auto size enabled, more often than not, whenever I try to collapse a tree item (Video for example), while other items are expanded (drives and devices and Audio for example), the Video item that I click does not collapse, but a different item (Audio) collapses and Video remains expanded.  It's not always these 3 examples, it could be anything.  I think it collapses the last item before the most recent one.  e.g. expand Audio, expand Images, expand drives and devices, collapse Audio, and Images actually collapses, leaving Audio and drives expanded.
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: collapsing items in tree collapses wrong item
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 09:41:42 am »

I can't reproduce the wrong item collapsing.

Do you have another machine you could test?  Maybe there's some setting?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 11:58:31 am »

Hi Matt,

I have been trying to make sense of when and how it happens, and I haven't pinned it down yet.  It might have to do with where you click to minimize, whether on the arrow, or anywhere on the tree item label.  it seems the arrow only acts on the item you click, but clicking on the name collapses everything else.  Most of the time at least.

Anyway, I recorded a screen grab to try to capture it, and it took about a minute to see the first time it happens.  I think it happened again a few more times before I stopped the video.  Hopefully this helps, but if not, please let me know what else I can provide to help troubleshoot this.

thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/02ntcbxy9xnh51h/2021-07-06_12-51-55.mp4?dl=0

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 12:22:30 pm »

Clicking on the item instead of the arrow isn't going to collapse a library item since it selects one of the children.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 12:27:25 pm »

Ok, but that isn't the only thing.  clicking the arrow causes it.  the video shows at about 57 seconds that I clicked the arrow next to documents and playlists closed.  at 1:38 I click playlists and documents closes.  Both times I clicked the arrows.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 12:33:48 pm »

The item auto-collapses if it opened because you clicked on it.  Use the arrows only if you want manual control.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2021, 01:39:26 pm »

I must not be explaining this very well, sorry.

Please watch the video, beginning at 54 seconds if you don't want to watch MC perform as expected.  However, at about 58 seconds into the video you can see me click on the arrow next to the word "Documents" and the result of that click is that "Documents" does not collapse, but instead, "Playlists" collapses.  Not what I think should happen.

At about 1:38, you can see me click on the arrow next to the word "Playlists" and "Playlists" does not collapse, but instead, "Documents" closes.

This seems wrong to me.

I hope this helps clarify what the issue I'm seeing is.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 01:51:38 pm »

You didn't click the arrow at 58 seconds.  You got close, but didn't hit it.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 02:06:54 pm »

Okay, but why would almost clicking the arrow next to Documents close Playlists, but not the 2 other open sections?  Why would one need to be so absolutely precise to exactly hit the arrow to make it "work", and why does it not behave like this during the other times I almost hit the arrow, but missed.

To me, this is obviously not correct behavior. 

Clicking on Documents (or the arrow next to it) should expand or collapse that one item, not something else.  If the idea is to have clicking on the bar collapse everything but what you click, but clicking the arrow collapse only that thing, okay.  Weird and not at all intuitive, but okay.  But even if so, that is not what is happening.

I'm confident what is happening should not be happening, but if you feel that clicking on one item should collapse one (and only one) other item, and not affect what was clicked, then I guess all is working properly.

Either way, thank you for having a look.  Have an excellent day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up