INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist  (Read 549 times)

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
playlist
« on: July 12, 2021, 06:17:46 am »

How to stop recently imported files , showing up in the playlist (playlist should be for the user's playlists only) not recently imported files thats just madness any bright spark shed any info how to prevent this

many thanks

Edit: just watch a movie and a playlist was made called recently playing now? what the hell is going wrong with the playlist ive made my own but jriver starts to make its own  this is just wrong no other media center like kodi , mediaportal , plex emby does this so why in this program

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 10:07:34 am »

There's no 'recently playing now'.
- 'Playing Now' is the list showing what is queued for playing.
- 'Recently Played' and 'Recently Imported' are 2 playlists created and managed automatically by MediaCenter. It's a feature for convenient access, not a bug.

They can't be disabled, but you can drag them to a 'PlayList Group' to hide them. Right-click on 'Playlists' and select 'Create Group', or use one of the existing ones (similar to folders).

bigmuscles

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 10:53:12 am »

Oh well looks like i have to dump this and stick to the others

cheers for the reply

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:17 am »

Yeah, new features are suspicious, even if that one has been there since forever. Better have all tools behave exactly the same way with the same set of features. Less confusing. Like cars.

OK, sorry for the sarcasm. But really, this has been there since forever, it's just a way to keep track of what was played recently, as the name implies. Same for recently imported. Perhaps there's some new behavior that is now confusing for you? I see you've signed on to this forum in 2012, and from your posts you used v26 and v27, so this is not a new tool for you... these playlists were already there on those versions. Perhaps some option did change and is behaving differently for you, let us know if you need some help with that.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 12:13:20 pm »

There is "Recent Playing Nows". It's a feature that can be turned off if not wanted. Open MC's options and type recent playing in the search box at the bottom.

Recently imported and recently ripped playlists have been a thing for as long as I can remember, and I am personally unaware of these being a deal breaker, for anyone, ever.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 12:42:58 pm »

Thanks Marko. What does it do? I've tried now and don't see anything changing after playing a couple of files.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 02:23:49 pm »

Make a new playing now list, and it automatically saves the outgoing list. You end up with a playlist group that contains a history of your recent lists. I personally have the feature turned off, but some find it invaluable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up