INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behavior difference from 26 to 27 when comparing list with Keywords tag  (Read 516 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a custom tag defined as a semicolon delimited list of strings. I then regularly copy the Keyword tag to my defined list for a subset of files.

(The subset are the files which I'm working with in Lightroom. Lightroom scrambles the Keywords when I update geopos, faces, places, etc. This is the main motivation behind this)

I then implemented an expression which compares this list with the Keywords tag.

The expression simply uses IsEqual()

In 27, this does not seem to be working as before. Did the Keywords tag, custom list field, or IsEqual change somehow?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Any new development will be on MC28, so please try that and let us know if you think there's a problem.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raldo

Ok.

zybex

• MC Beta Team

The way lists are stored changed, there's no longer a space between each item:
before: "a; b; c"
now: "a;b;c"

When displaying a field onscreen it still shows the space separator for readability, but internally (and for expressions) there's no space.
Note that existing fields might still have the spaces, but when they're modified/written, the spaces are now removed. So you may have a mix of both styles.

marko

• MC Beta Team

(<snip> ... Lightroom scrambles the Keywords when I update geopos, faces, places, etc. This is the main motivation behind this)

Did you ever catch >> this?

It's been more than four years since I set that in place, and still, just works. It's brilliant.
Lightroom's 'face tagging' is going directly into MC's [People] field. I personally never did anything to configure that... Clever MC ;)

No idea how it would cope with geo tagging as I've never really gotten geotagging added in Lightroom to show up in MC, so gave up on it many years ago.

That keywords heirarchy thing though... highly recommended

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up