INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc27 crashing and freezing up  (Read 534 times)

jo que se?

• Recent member
mc27 crashing and freezing up
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:32:04 pm »

I've been using jriver for about 5 years now and I've been updating every year, well this year around the time that they started advertising the mc28 my mc27 has stopped working!  for about a month now i haven't been able to watch an entire movie on it without it freezing up and this also happens when I'm just trying to listen to some music! or running the automatic import!!   I've uninstalled it and reinstalled up 15 times now and no improvements whatsoever,   what's worse is that when it freezes the task bar manager can't even shut it down I literally have to restart my laptop!   so I've had to resort to using vlc player.      I find it somewhat suspicious that this all started when the MC28 stared being advertised

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: mc27 crashing and freezing up
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 05:35:43 pm »

Try configuring Windows Defender.   Don't use other security software while testing.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: mc27 crashing and freezing up
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:45:50 pm »

I'm still on MC27 and am having no problems.  I know you're probably frustrated, but they've never sabotaged a past version for a new one.

With that said, Windows update has probably caused this problem.  If you could do a restore with a date before you started having problems, you will probably fix the problem.  Then try taming defender.  Then do a driver check and make sure that's up to date.
Pages: [1]   Go Up