INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oops! Accidentally went from English to Russian  (Read 730 times)

HandLogger

• Recent member
Oops! Accidentally went from English to Russian
« on: July 23, 2021, 02:12:44 pm »

Hello out the there ~

I’m not exactly sure how it happened, but my JRiver MC 28 interface has gone Russian (I believe) on me.  Needless to say, I need to get back to English.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time ~ Hand
MacBook Pro 17 (early-2011) and MacBook Pro 15 (mid-2015).  The older MBP17 is operating via macOS Sierra 10.12.6, while the newer MBP 15 still operates via OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and both machines are still as stable as a couple of rocks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Wheaten

Re: Oops! Accidentally went from English to Russian
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 02:25:39 pm »

or bookmark translate.google.com  ;D

HaWi

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 02:42:51 pm »

I sympathize. I recently had mine switched to Portuguese (also don't know how I did it). Took me a few minutes to google and reset.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

HandLogger

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 02:44:19 pm »

Thank you for the prompt responses, folks.  Yes, I was just coming back to post that I found a solution using the Google search engine.

I do have a suggestion for the MC 28 developers, though...If there was ever a time when a confirmation would be required, it would be when changing the language that the interface operates with.  In other words, one should definitely receive a warning and a "YES" or "NO" option relative to any language change.  Initially, I changed the language from English to [something] with one inadvertent touch of my Mac trackpad, and was able to switch back to English the same way.  I'm very happy to be back to my native language, but this shouldn't be possible via one touch of the trackpad.  By the way, this suggestion is meant to be constructive.

Regardless, if anyone is using JRiver MC 28 for Mac and run into this language change issue, here's what I did to recover the English interface...

(1) From the main (top of screen) menu, select the 5th option from the left (Tools) ... NOTE: Disregard the bold "Media Center XX" label when counting during this process;

(2) Select the 2nd option -- from the bottom -- of the drop-down menu (Language);

(3) Select the 6th option -- from the top -- of the language list menu ... NOTE: the word "ENGLISH" should appear in this list.

This was a bit scary for a while, so I hope that this post helps other MC 28 for Mac [trackpad] users who drag their fingers like I do.   ;) 
MacBook Pro 17 (early-2011) and MacBook Pro 15 (mid-2015).  The older MBP17 is operating via macOS Sierra 10.12.6, while the newer MBP 15 still operates via OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and both machines are still as stable as a couple of rocks.

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 05:15:02 pm »

Same issue.   when it flips to crylic.... I have no hope and control z did not correct anything. .    I said the hell with it and loaded a backup database to reset things to normal.  (good to have a very recent backup on the drive)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 06:55:18 am »

I'm adding a confirmation to the next build when you switch out of English.  Hopefully it will help!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 07:48:29 am »

Remember to ask the confirmation in Russian  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up