INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver does not import most of my music files -rest are apparently system files  (Read 438 times)

BigAlB

Hi,
I have just upgraded to V 28 on the Windows 10 desktop after not using MC for a number of years.

Unfortunately, I am only able to import (auto of manual) about 20% of my audio .flac files.  The rest are not imported and the log shows they have been classified as "skipped (system file)".
They are not system files but just to be sure I have attrib -s some of the subfolders but no change in the import behaviour.
other programs such a foobar2000 and MediaMonkey have no issue with importing the files.

There may be some link to the fact that most of the music folders with files not imported have a folder.jpg in them which can in some circumstances be classified as s system file but folder.jpg files are very common in audio file structure.

I'm really at a loss to solve this which obviously makes JRiver a non-starter for me.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Allan

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You can recursively remove the System attribute from all files with a shell command. User files should not have the S attribute.

Code: [Select]
forfiles /P c:\audio /s /m *.flac /c "cmd /c attrib -s -r -h @path"
Replace c:\audio with your actual location for the files (in quotes if it has a space in the path). If your files are in a NAS, you'll need to mount it first with some drive letter since 'forfiles' doesn't work on network paths.

edit: here's a similar post regarding S attribute on the folders, not files.

BigAlB

Thanks for the reply.

As I said in my original post -  I have used an admin command prompt and -s attrib commands on some of my audio folders and it makes no difference to the importing.

BigAlB

Hi zybex,
Looked at the other similar post on S attrib on the folders - That was my problem as well!

All fixed

Thanks

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Eh, looks like I didn't actually paste the link to that other post, good that you found it and it helped  :)

For future reference:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128227.msg889656.html#msg889656
Pages: [1]   Go Up