INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSF DSD Unassigned in library  (Read 521 times)

Slappy

DSF DSD Unassigned in library
« on: July 24, 2021, 12:55:31 pm »

Hi,
My music library is organize by Album Artist/Album/Sample Rate.
All my DSF files are not correctly recognize and are grouped under UNASSIGNED Why ?
DSF files is having the TAG working with MP3TAG editor.

Slappy

Re: DSF DSD Unassigned in library
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:36:45 am »

Ok I found it. Last year I modified my music structure by creating a custom tag with MP3Tag.exe. The new Tag name is Mediatype (Studio, Live, Compilation, Single etc...)
My Library is organize like this: Album Artist (grouped)/Album Artist/Mediatype (custom MP3Tag)/Album/Sample Rate.
To correct all the UNASSIGNED DSF DSD songs, I have to update the tag Mediatype for all the DSF file within the jriver via the TAG option even if the tags are already correct using MP3Tag editor. There is something that jriver cannot read in the .DSF with this custom tag (Mediatype) created from MP3tag.
My others files tagged by MP3Tag using the same method (FLAC, ALAC etc... ) are ok. JRiver can read it during the import and i dont have to update it with JRiver TAG engine.

I don't know if someone else is have a similar situation with a gap between MP3Tag and JRiver ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DSF DSD Unassigned in library
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 09:42:28 am »

You can probably get that tag to show up in JRiver if you add it.  See Custom Tags on our wiki, probably under tagging.

You can also copy and paste from one tag to another.  Select files, copy the tag (ctrl-c), then paste into the new tag (ctrl-v).
Pages: [1]   Go Up