INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mega-Me -> Fullscreen -> Hairstyle  (Read 770 times)

Bryan

• World Citizen
Mega-Me -> Fullscreen -> Hairstyle
« on: April 02, 2003, 06:40:20 pm »

Sorry in advance for this being so long...    A couple issues here:

1) When in Hairstyle mode and playing something other than watching TV, when I hit the TV button I get a blank screen and no sound.  I have to exit hairstyle go to the left tree and click on "TV Tuner" then go back into fullscreen ..   Then usually that doesnt' work until I hit the play button once or twice.

I'm piping DirecTV into the Svideo input on my ATI 8500DV and mostly watch TV with the channel set to S-Video in.  Every time I switch to music or another source and then back to TV (from within hairstyle) I have to go through the laborous exercise described above.

It seems this should be a lot cleaner..    Does anyone else have such problems switching back and forth between TV and other sources from hairstyle?  It would really be nice to get this to work properly.

2) Also, is there some way to put "S-Video input"  back at the top of the channel list so us folks who use alternate video sources don't have to scroll to the bottom and select the video source every time we want to watch TV?

Overall I really like the direction Media Center is going.   I love the hairstyle interface and hope that more emphasis will go into the HTPC side of usability as to the desktop modes..  I realize this is 1st generation and hairstyle is definately superb but at least in my case it doesn't always respond as expected and generally seems hard to locate at times.  I think at a minimum "Toggle Hairstyle" should be on the right click menu from all modes..  or a much much easier way to get to it quickly should be explored.   Right now from playing now, it's not on the right click menu and I have to double click to full screen and THEN toggle hairstyle..   Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...  

Bryan

sraymond

Re: Mega-Me -> Fullscreen -> Hairstyle
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 08:21:18 pm »

How are you doing TV Out?  Via the Overlay's theater mode or via the "extend desktop" on a second monitor?

Scott-

Bryan

• World Citizen
Re: Mega-Me -> Fullscreen -> Hairstyle
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 05:06:37 am »

I'm not sure what you're asking.   I don't use a second monitor.  I have a 50" widescreen monitor that has a RGB input so I simply connect the video card directly to the monitor via standard RGB connector..

Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up