INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import settings problem : "linked" libraries ?  (Read 264 times)

kliclick

• Recent member
Auto-import settings problem : "linked" libraries ?
« on: July 29, 2021, 08:58:51 pm »

Hi, I have a strange behavior of my MC in Windows 10 with 2 libraries:
Lib_A : auto import configurated to import audio from Path_A.
Then I created a second library Lib_B restoring from a Lib_A backup and deleted records (selected all files and deleted them, just to have the same structure, fields, views, etc.).  Configured Lib_B auto import by deleting the existing path (Path_A) and added the new Path_B one. (just 5 sec. dummy files). The import works as expected.
BUT when I loaded again Lib_A, the auto import was set to Path_B (the new Lib_B settings), and it started to import the dummy files.
It's like the auto import setting is shared by the 2 libraries, and not stored with each library. The 2 libraries seems  to be linked.
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-import settings problem : "linked" libraries ?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 11:31:24 pm »

What you are doing (two libraries) is not wrong, just, maybe not best? If that were me, I would have the dummy files in the same library and use the power of MC to restrict their appearance to only the views I wanted to see them in.... but, that's me, not you :)

To answer your question...

Internally, libraries are distinguished by their unique IDs. You can see this in your thumbnails folder.
I suspect that when you restored an "A" backup as your "B" library, you introduced the unique identifier for "A" also. You might be able to avoid this if you select not to restore settings also, I'm not sure.

The only way to have it clean, I think, is to start a new library "B" from scratch, and kick off from there, with a unique ID. Maybe try the "without settings" approach first and see if that helps...

good luck,
-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up