INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I see the results of the last Run Auto-Import Now?  (Read 378 times)

mrbens

• Recent member
How do I see the results of the last Run Auto-Import Now?
« on: August 10, 2021, 12:46:38 pm »

How do I see the results of the last auto import I did using "Tools->Import->Run Auto-Import Now" please?

I moved some albums into a new folder and re-ran the auto import and due to an old issue I had with duplicate files some files were removed on the import as I have ignore files previously removed ticked so I need to look at the report and manually re-add those files back into my library.

Thanks,
Ben

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I see the results of the last Run Auto-Import Now?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 08:58:28 am »

It's usually under "Import Summary" at the bottom left after running the auto-import. Click on "Details..."

This is why I'm not a big fan of the auto-import feature and I leave it unchecked so I can see what MC does to the library.

When you run auto-import manually it gives you a detailed report so it makes it easier to double check what's going on especially if you make changes to your files outside MC.

- So I leave auto-import unchecked AND Under "Configure auto-import" I have "Update for external changes" checked with the "Fix broken links option" set to "Yes (protect files on missing drives)"

Maybe you could use a library backup to help troubleshoot (if you have one...) and Then re-"Run auto-import now" manually

mrbens

• Recent member
Re: How do I see the results of the last Run Auto-Import Now?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 05:53:26 am »

Thank you for the info. Only just seen it now.

I was after the report from the last time I ran it which had been a few days ago. I thought I'd seen the option to show the last report again before but might be mistaken.

Like you suggested, I loaded a previous library backup and re-ran the scan and luckily it was only 1 album that had missing files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up