INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mconnect - Tidal question  (Read 2370 times)

iansr

• Recent member
Mconnect - Tidal question
« on: August 18, 2021, 06:22:55 pm »

Currently I have Tidal and Mconnect Player on my ipad.  MC is on a PC running W10, which is connected to a USB DAC.   So I can use Mconnect to play Tidal via MC (set as a DLNA renderer).   My question is whether it would be better for any reason to have Tidal on the same PC as MC rather than on the ipad?   Or would it make no difference?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mconnect - Tidal question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 01:10:32 am »

Probably not.  It depends on what each one sends.

iansr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 08:35:56 am »

OK I was a bit hasty in my opening post as I can’t get Mconnect to see MC as a player.   In MC I’ve turned on Media Network, allowed MC through the W10 Firewall and ticked the 3 DLNA boxes.  But when I refresh the UPnP Devices in Mconnect nothing appears.   Any suggestions?

DJLegba

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 08:50:04 am »

Install Tidal on both the Windows PC and your iPad. Make sure Media Center on the PC has the WDM option enabled. Configure Tidal on the PC to use the WDM sound "device". Configure Tidal on the iPad to play via Tidal on the PC.

It's been a while since I left Tidal for Spotify. I know you can run Spotify like this, but I can't remember if Tidal lets you direct the output to other Tidal instances on your network. When I used Tidal I also had BubbleUPnP on my Android device. Bubble can connect to Tidal and let you play through DLNA renderers, such as MC. If you use Bubble you don't need the WDM driver on your Windows PC. You don't need the Bubble server running anywhere either. It worked pretty well, and if you're interested you can set up playlists using content from your local library mixed with content from Tidal. It's a paid app, but definitely worth the cost if you want to play Tidal content through Media Center.

I had the Mconnect app on an old iPad. It was slow and inconsistent. Sometimes I could make it connect to Tidal, other times I could not. I would recommend Bubble if you can use it.

iansr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 06:18:04 pm »

BubbleUPnP does not work on IOS devices AFAIK, hence me using MConnect.  I just don’t understand why it can’t see MC as a player device.

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 12:52:00 am »

If you are using a Wi-Fi connection check Wi-Fi network type on your Windows pc, it must be a Private network as if it is Public any connection to the pc will be denied

MikeO

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 09:56:37 am »

Bit late to this party …

I have MC server running DLNA on Windows 10 on my main PC

I then connect Ethernet to my Cambridge audio CXN and a RPi running Riopeee.

In mconnect I can see MC DLNA and Tidal and can play all sources to all ends. Mconnect supports Qobuz too but we don’t have it here in South Africa yet so I can’t comment.

I am not sure what the problem is, I just installed mconnect and MC was there. I even added Minim server and that just worked too. It must be a network config thing maybe ?

In the Play To section I see JRiver, presumably the WDM driver, I have never tried that route maybe I should , but I can direct all sources to my hi fi through mconnect without resorting to the WDM driver
Pages: [1]   Go Up