INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Req: Linkable Columns Enhancement  (Read 324 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Req: Linkable Columns Enhancement
« on: August 19, 2021, 03:35:37 pm »

When Linkable Columns was first implemented, if you clicked on the arrow next to an Artist, it would take you a list of all files with that Artist. Since then, MC's views have become much more powerful and flexible, but unfortunately, this core feature of Linkable Columns was lost somewhat. Now when I click on the arrow for an artist I'm taken to the full list of files with that Artist in that View.

And this makes sense. I generally don't want to see a bunch of video files next to my audio files when I click on a specific artist. But now that Views allow for such power and flexibility I often find myself in a view that's more restrictive with a limited file set (like a triage-type view where files are tagged, renamed, etc before being included in the main views), and when I click a linked column I get taken to a view that shows only the same files, despite me knowing that other matching files are in my library, just not included in this particular view.

So, my request... could Linkable Columns get an alt-mode (like how Remove From List has an alt-mode that deletes from the library) such that when you hold down the shift key and click the link, it'll take you to an unfiltered view that shows all results that match?
Pages: [1]   Go Up