INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cross-listed songs  (Read 659 times)

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
Cross-listed songs
« on: March 31, 2003, 02:01:01 pm »

Alright, this is probably 1x106 times harder to do than it sounds, but here goes:

Would it be possible to cross-list songs that appear on multiple albums? That way, for example, I could have a band's greatest hits, and all their albums listed, but only have one copy of each song. Some songs would simply be listed in two albums. When viewing all a particular artists' songs (by clicking on their name on the left pane) each song would only be displayed once. Not only would this be more efficient with disk space, it would prevent me from having three copies of The Cardigans' "After All" listed because it's on three of their albums, and I want to be able to listen to the whole album by double-clicking on it.

Maybe I should just suck it up and keep all three copies. This feature would have numerous caveats (for renaming from properties, etc.) It's just something I thought I'd throw out there. Would anyone else find this useful?

~ Adam ~

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cross-listed songs
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 02:15:00 pm »

>> Maybe I should just suck it up and keep
>> all three copies.
or go to the smart lists and select dups and delete some of your dups.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Marko

Re: Cross-listed songs
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 08:20:59 pm »

........ which would then leave incomplete albums which Synesthesiatic does not want.

I guess if the dupes are really irritating, you could remove them, and then reference your affected albums in playlists instead. You can have the same track in as many playlists as you like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up