INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Go To" button in file list is not appearing  (Read 361 times)

elderavelas

• World Citizen
"Go To" button in file list is not appearing
« on: August 24, 2021, 07:37:34 pm »

Hello!
I have MC28 installed in two different computers. One has been upgraded since many generations of MC and the other one has a newer installation from MC27. The MC in the computer with the older installation shows a little button like a circle with an arrow at the left of some file list columns itens that makes the list to "go to" a filter for the keywords matching the text in the column item. If I click on that button by the artist name, all the files of that artist are shown. I don't know the name of this button so I named it "Go To" button. The new installation (since MC27) does not show this button in the file list. I did not import settings or library from the other computer. This new installation was installed and personalized from scratch and has its own library. If instead of using the local library I load the library from the old computer as a library server, the "Go To" button appears. The library views seem to use the server settings instead of the local settings, May be this is the reason the button appears while using the server's library. I compared all the settings of the old and the new installation and could not find where to enable this "Go To" button.
Does anybody know where it is?
Thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Go To" button in file list is not appearing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 11:25:24 pm »

Tools > Options
Type the word link into the search bar at the bottom
Ensure "Linkable Columns" is checked

Job done. :)

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 07:17:04 pm »

Tools > Options
Type the word link into the search bar at the bottom
Ensure "Linkable Columns" is checked

Job done. :)

Thanks for the tip, but it is not it.
It was already checked.
I then unchecked it, restarted MC, checked again, restarted again but nothin happened.
It must be in somewhere else.
Cheers!

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 07:53:09 pm »

I found it!
In Library Options/Manage Library Fields.
Select the field that will have the button and check the option "Show a link checkbox",
I do not remember of ever configuring these fields in the old installation. Either I am loosing my memory or some fields like Artist, Album and Genre were already configured by default in previous versions. Probably I forgot.
Problem solved.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up