INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J River paid to advertise to users?  (Read 995 times)

RMB

• Recent member
J River paid to advertise to users?
« on: March 28, 2003, 05:26:17 am »

Is J River paid to advertise certain Web stations to the users of its products?

This is the only reason I can think of for MC to force 'Featured Stations' on its users!

It contains stations I have no interest in ever listening to (If I wanted them I could put them into My Stations)

It takes up space on my desktop.
It denies space for my own chosen stations in 'My stations'

At least give licenced users an option to get rid of it!
RMB

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: J River paid to advertise to users?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 05:37:37 am »

Roger,
We aren't paid for putting the stations there.  Sorry you aren't happy.

Jim

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 08:53:58 am »

How does it take up room on your desktop?

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 10:39:21 pm »

Jim,

Its not really a case of not being happy - I was curious.
My question was asked in the hope that you (J River) would ask yourselves 'Why do we have this section, and why is it not configurable?'  

If they wwere installation defaults in the 'My stations' I could at least remove them - but as it is everyone is stuck with them!

The way web radio is made available seems so at odds with the rest of the product - elsewhere you can decide what is/is not shown, how it is sorted - but with Radio (and TV) there is almost no choice.

Personally I would like Radio and TV to swing into line with the rest of the product -

Allow them to be shown in smartlists, allow their 'homepage' to be edited like the 'Playing Now' or at least like the Media Libray.

Ideally I would like to select what I see, add the relevant picture as seen on their web homepage, and have them sorted as I like.

If I could use smartlists, I could have them grouped by type (News/Sport/Classical/Jazz etc), nationality and sorted as I like them.

If I did not like the product, I would not have bought it - but everything has room for improvement - and once the inability to play Web Radio is fixed (as I am sure it will be), then the Radio/TV presentation is an area I believe should be addressed.

All the best
RMB

PeterS

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 08:24:38 am »

RMB,
Thanks for your suggestions. We appreciate the input and, of course, we are trying to improve our product in all areas to meet our goal of having the best media management and playback app. We do take note of all comments, so please bear with us and look out for improvements in the future.
Best,
PeterS
Pages: [1]   Go Up