INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist doesn't match order on cd  (Read 1372 times)

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
playlist doesn't match order on cd
« on: March 23, 2003, 01:27:02 pm »

When I burn, the playlist I create and print out doesn't match the burn and play order on the cd.  How can I burn a cd and print a playlist that matches?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: playlist doesn't match order on cd
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 03:04:26 pm »

Please try updating.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 03:29:13 pm »

Updating what? My install is 9.0.105

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 04:32:13 pm »

Please see the first thread here for the address.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 04:04:36 am »

Are you making an audio or data CD? Data CD's will play in alphabetical foldername/filename order. Audio CD's will play in the order you see in the list when you click the burn button.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 05:02:09 pm »

...and so to have the playlist match the CD you need to display the Date column and then do an ascending sort on that column.

10-27

edit: this is all wrong...it is correct if you want to display the burn order with data CD's

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 10:34:39 am »

...and so to have the playlist match the CD you need to display the Date column and then do an ascending sort on that column.

10-27

edit: this is all wrong...it is correct if you want to display the burn order with data CD's
Does your player play the tracks in order of the file creation date? Most of them seem to play in alphabetic order.
If so, we could add an option to make the creation date/time match the order in the playlist. (it used to work this way)

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2003, 11:22:28 am »

John,

The way I usually go about it for either data or audio CD's is to create the playlist first (rather than dropping files directly on the drive).  Then I send the playlist to the burner. I can see how the master playlist may get it's order scrambled over time (by the user...intentionally or not). In that case it would be necessary to stick the CD in, click on the drive that contains it, then do a ascending sort based on the date and create a new playlist based on that.

But....
After checking some UDF data disks I had made with DCD, the original file creation date as shown on the HD was kept rather than the date that the files were burnt...so the above wouldn't work.

My iRiver 350 with the latest firmware now has the ability to play the files in the order burnt (extends battery life also).

> If so, we could add an option to make the creation date/time match the order in the playlist. (it used to work this way)

That would be ideal. Nero has an option similar to this (to either write the original creation (hard drive) date or the burn date). Myself....I would make the burn date default (but options are always nice).

10-27

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 06:38:47 am »

My iRiver 350 with the latest firmware now has the ability to play the files in the order burnt (extends battery life also).
MC should work well with this player then, we burn the files in the order they are in the playlist. I'm sure battery life is conserved because it cuts down on a lot of seeking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up