INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot control playback on Library Server client  (Read 1459 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cannot control playback on Library Server client
« on: September 01, 2021, 01:15:12 pm »

I'm trying to playback to a Library Server client from the server but I am receiving a "file not found" error on the client when playback should start.

I have Media Network>Client Options>"Play local file if one matches..." disabled on the client.

Firewall is open on both devices and they are on the same LAN.

I've tamed Windows Firewall on the client and the server is Linux.

If I click the file on the client in the "Playing Now" list, the link opens in the browser and starts playing, so I don't think it is a networking issue.

Logs sent!

bob

• Administrator
Re: Cannot control playback on Library Server client
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 10:12:01 pm »

Is there a matching local file (though I don't think that matters in this case).

You have a linux server and a windows client simply connected as a library server client?
Any media server auth in media network settings on the server?

What client zone are you playing to?

Are you using a portable library on either machine??

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 09:51:32 am »

No, there's no matching file (especially as the Linux and Windows filesystems are completely different).

Yes, Linux server and Windows client connected as a Library Server client.

My client zone is playing to the local "Player" zone, which works fine if playback is initiated locally. It is to my TV via HDMI.

No portable libraries involved.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 03:49:38 pm »

No, there's no matching file (especially as the Linux and Windows filesystems are completely different).

Yes, Linux server and Windows client connected as a Library Server client.

My client zone is playing to the local "Player" zone, which works fine if playback is initiated locally. It is to my TV via HDMI.

No portable libraries involved.
Ok, thanks.
Any auth enabled on the library server?
Under Media Network->Client options are there any conversions enable for the media you are playing?
What is the format of the media you can't play?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 12:33:39 pm »

Authentication is enabled on the server. I have tested the client conversion options using both "Don't covert audio" and "Convert when necessary->MP3 high bandwidth") with the same unsuccessful result.
Re: formats: I have only tested audio, flac and mp3.

I just tried it again on the latest builds and sent a log from the client machine. It "looks" like the client is trying to do something because the UI briefly pauses and redraws whenever there is a track change taking place on the server (controller).

The associated "file not found" error indicates to me it's a path interop issue. If this could be rectified at a fundamental level it would also allow local file playback and TV recording on mixed clients, which aren't possible right now without virtualization.
Pages: [1]   Go Up