INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link Zone to Bluetooth, when available  (Read 408 times)

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
Link Zone to Bluetooth, when available
« on: September 04, 2021, 09:12:10 am »

Is there a way to link to a zone with a Bluetooth speaker "When Available"?

I had linked to my BT speaker, the next day I went to play the primary zone, and since the Bluetooth speaker was not active the main zone would not playback, stopping a moment after beginning.

So, can you create a 'place holder' zone for any active Bluetooth speaker and have it linked and activate once a connection is established?
I'd like to simply turn on my BT speaker and have it play the same as my main speakers so I can venture outdoors without an interruption (and leaving the house speakers on also).
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Link Zone to Bluetooth, when available
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 10:21:19 pm »

I have done something similar, but unlike DLNA devices the the BT speaker will not announce itself as present or not. I have created a separate zone for the BT speaker and when it was connected go into tools, options and configured the Audio output to the BT Speaker device (WASAPI driver) for that zone.  ie the BT is another windows audio device. When the BT speaker is not turned on I have to toggle Ctrl+T zones back to "Player" default otherwise MC comes up with an error.

The 'Player' zone should not hang or cause an error if it is connected to you main sound output. Also in Tools Options, Audio select 'Player' zone at the top and make sure the normal sound card output is selected as the device. Hope this helps?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
Re: Link Zone to Bluetooth, when available
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:50:30 am »

Thanks for the input David, I appreciate you taking the time.

I will go through this and see how it goes.
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up