INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Option to tag web media streams on import  (Read 293 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request: Option to tag web media streams on import
« on: September 10, 2021, 10:51:29 am »

I can't wait for the new time-shifting IPTV integration in Television/Guide (the XML import is great), but until the video engine is working with more channels it would be nice to have a new media sub type "Channel" or "Web" for web media streams imported via File>Open URL. Currently those entries are assigned a "TV Show" media sub type, which doesn't quite fit a streaming TV channel (e.g. unless it's streaming 24/7 Seinfeld). As such I always have to make several tag edits (changing Media Sub Type to "Other" and using a custom field to identify IPTV channels specifically) after import to display them properly in views.

Since File>Open URL triggers import when "Add stream to web media" is checked, maybe the web media options dialog should include a configurable tag on import option like Auto-Import to allow users to customize how their web media is tagged on import (as not all web links are IPTV channels either).

The dialog I'm referring to:

...extended with:

The time-shifting and guide features are going to be a game-changer, but in the meantime it would be great to have a "live" IPTV solution using Theater View, but with less manual intervention required.
Pages: [1]   Go Up