INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't install mkv videos ripped from dvd  (Read 563 times)

jweeks

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can't install mkv videos ripped from dvd
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:56:52 pm »

Media Center 28, Windows 10. I can rip a dvd with MakeMKV and the .mkv files will play in Media Center 28 via the file association, but I can't import them (It just says there were 0 files imported, Details is blank).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't install mkv videos ripped from dvd
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 11:52:35 pm »

Could it be that they were once in your library and you deleted them at some point? There's an auto-import setting that disallows re-importing of files that were previously deleted.
However, I think the more likely scenario is that the files are already in your library and you just haven't found them. It could be that the media type, or more likely the media subtype tag is incorrectly filled.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 02:16:02 pm »

Are you also perhaps storing the files on a local share using SMB?

jweeks

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:06:29 pm »

The items I was trying to import were newly acquired. They definitly weren't in my Library. And not on a local share with SMB. Had they been imported they would have been in the "Recently Imported" list. A successful import reports the number of files imported and lists them with the "Details" button. For these items the number reported is 0 and the Details window is blank.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 06:24:43 pm »

How exactly are you trying to import them?
Are you using auto-import and ripping them to a watched folder?
Are you running a "manual" auto-import (auto-import now")?

Or are you using MC's Windows Shell Integration, and asking them to import into MC that way?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 09:36:25 pm »

Are you ripping the DVD using the MakeMKV app or the Rip With MakeMKV feature from inside MC?

If you ripped them using the Rip with MakeMKV feature inside MC, then they won't show up in the Recently Imported playlist, they'll be in the Recently Ripped playlist.

If you're using the MakeMKV app, make sure that it's ripping to a location that MC is monitoring for import and is configured to import mkv files from that location.

Another option, make sure that MC's option to auto-import any file it plays is enabled in settings so when you do play it through explorer, it'll have a chance to pick it up from there.

If none of those work, then I'm out of ideas.

macdonjh

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 09:42:44 pm »

I had periodic trouble using MakeMKV to rip DVDs and importing files into MC for Mac.  In my case, the .mkv files I couldn't find were tagged during ripping as data files and ended up in my Documents library.  Once I found the files, I retagged them and they were moved into my Movies or Shows folder where I wanted them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up