INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble with zoneswitch  (Read 458 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
trouble with zoneswitch
« on: September 12, 2021, 11:38:09 am »

I have 3 zones defined and am attempting to use ZoneSwitch to select the appropriate zone based on some rules.  I added two custom fields (strings) where the value is one of <empty>, Y, N

The ZoneSwitch rule is a combination of # of Channels, and whether or not the two custom fields are <empty> or have a value of Y, e.g.:

[Channels]= <=6 [Audio - Dolby Atmos]=[N] [Audio - DTS:X]=[N]

...basically I am trying to steer all  non DTS:X and Atmos audio to my USB DAC;  If the audio is DTS:X or Atmos, I have a rule set up that should steer the audio to my Marantz for decoding.

any ideas?

Doesn't work - I am playing a 2-channel video - and the Channels tag is "2"; the two custom fields are each "N" (or <empty> -- doesn't seem to matter in my testing), but the Zone never switches.  It just stays in the current zone.

Are custom fields supported for ZoneSwitch?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: trouble with zoneswitch
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 10:36:06 pm »

Zoneswitch rules are just searches so of course custom fields can be used.

For your issue I would suggest creating a Library field Named: Bitstream, Type: String Acceptable values: Y
Any files that are Atmos or DTS:X are tagged with Bitstream = Y, all others can be clear.
Create Zones named: Marantz & USB
For the Zoneswitch rules:
1st rule (top of list) Name: Atmos-DTS:X  Engage: [Bitstream]=Y  Play in: Marantz  Stop playback: USB
2nd rule                 Name: PCM audio       Engage: [Bitstream]=[] Play in: USB       Stop playback: Marantz

You can always test Zoneswitch selection rules by using the standard Search in the library to check the appropriate files are selected, then always make sure the MOST selective search rule takes precedence in the list and finally always make sure you stop playback in other Zones that are rule selected.

Hope this helps.

Terry
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: trouble with zoneswitch
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 04:57:57 pm »

thanks so much.  this worked perfectly.  I also see what I was doing wrong, but your solution was a little simpler so I went with it :)

cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up