INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any way to relocate 'Car Radio" buttons?  (Read 547 times)

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
any way to relocate 'Car Radio" buttons?
« on: September 21, 2021, 10:34:06 am »

I find them useful, but they interfere with working the horizontal splitter bar . . . I find it too easy to accidentally click a Car Radio button in error while trying to move the splitter, thus losing and replacing my Playing Now list.

If I could relocate them to the top of the display window rather than the bottom they'd be less likely to click accidentally.
Same if I could relocate them to the bottom of the Playing Now file list.

I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: any way to relocate 'Car Radio" buttons?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 06:09:39 pm »

There is no way to move them.

The button image itself can be made invisible by altering the skin images used for those buttons. The button text however, remains visible regardless, and the area that activates the button is hard-coded and cannot be moved or re-positioned. JRiver would have to modify the program "skinning engine" to allow that as an option.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 09:14:43 am »

Thanks for the clarification.
I guess I will simply remove them and find a work-around to access those playlists.
Appreciate the help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 09:50:36 am »

Any time you make the mistake of playing something unintended, you can find your previous playlist.  It will be in Playlists > Recently Playing Now's.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 05:11:05 pm »

When you say you "will simply remove them", I presume you mean you will uncheck the box for Car Radio under Tools/Options/General/Features, right?  If not, I don't believe there is any other way to "remove" them. That said, there may be another option to keep the button functionality, but decrease the likelihood of accidentally activating them. 

If you are willing to edit the skin main.XML file, there is a single number entry you can change to increase the splitter width. In the pic below, I expanded the Noire skin XML splitter section.

Noire's initial "DefaultSize" is 6 (units = pixels). Most skins use a splitter width between 4 and 8 pixels, but you can increase that to as large as you want... at the cost of skin aesthetics of course.  And you would have to edit the skin XML for each skin you use. This setting increases the width of both the vertical and horizontal splitter, but there is a way to make each splitter thickness a unique width.  That however, requires editing the vertical and horizontal splitter images.  If you are interested in doing that, let me know, and I can attempt to elaborate.  The pix below show the Noire skin for the "as installed" splitter width, and after increasing the XML "DefaultSize" value to 12 px.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 06:24:11 pm »

Hello,
Yes, I did mean uncheck the Car Radio box  ;)

But I like what you are doing here, I think I will give it a try.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up