INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naming, replicating, and subdividing library  (Read 272 times)

Balmer

Naming, replicating, and subdividing library
« on: September 21, 2021, 07:22:35 pm »

I'm new here so I need help. My viewing page, for lack of the proper definition, contains genres, song names, composers, artists, etc. The list is about 30 pages long at least. If this is called a library, I don't know how to name it. After I name it, how do I replicate the library to a different name so the original won't get lost? Because the list is so long, how do I subdivide it into sub-libraries which would make the list more manageable? Have mercy please, because my MC vocabulary is limited, and I don't my way around here yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Naming, replicating, and subdividing library
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 09:33:44 pm »

Could you take a look at Getting Started on our wiki?  The section on Importing might help.

Under the File Menu, you can backup and restore a library in the Library Manager.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Naming, replicating, and subdividing library
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 07:43:09 am »

"Views" are used to "sub-divide" the library into manageable chunks. They do not actually divide the library. They allow you to view just part of the library at a time. The default ones are Audio, Images and Video and, under Audio, Albums, Artists and Genres, but you can create as many vies as you want.  Many people with large libraries use Panes to view their library. It is more of a computer view than  Categories, which is a more visual way to view the library. Just depends on what you are comfortable with. To change between Panes on Categories, right click on the View and choose Customize View. Then select Panes or Categories.

To create a new view, right click on Audio (or other entries in the "Tree" on the left) and select Add Library View.  Then modify the View using Set Rules for Display to show just part of your library, like Classical, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Rock, Pop etc.  it takes a bit to do the first time, but once you have done it you can create any views you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up