INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF tags  (Read 1026 times)

sraymond

EXIF tags
« on: March 28, 2003, 01:59:36 pm »

JRiver:  I'd love to get started on managing my 2000 digital photos - but I really need to be able to use the EXIF tags to fill the MC tags.  Is this capability going to appear in the near future?

Scott-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: EXIF tags
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2003, 02:14:02 pm »

Have you explored what is there?  There is some support for exif now.  If you mean will we improve this, the answer is not for this version.  You know the computer joke  -- it's a nice standard, but there are so many to chose from.

If you want to get more in the next version, please start a new thread after our release and see if you can get other people who want it together and if you can get them to agree on what should be done.

sraymond

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 05:17:55 pm »

JimH,

I've seen what's available from a "view" perspective (i.e. the format listing), but I don't know how to rename a file based on an EXIF field.

I just need a way to rename the cryptic camera filename to something with the EXIF "date taken" field.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Scott-

michel

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 09:32:44 pm »

You could use Picture Information Extractor (PIE)
http://www.picmeta.com

It does exactely what you want. I use it to rename my files before to import them into MC.

sraymond

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 08:54:10 am »

Michel:  Thanks for the link...  PIE does exactly what I wanted!  Although at $20, I'd sure appreciate it when MC achieves this capability.

JRiver:  So there will not be a capability in this verstion  to rename based on EXIF tags?

Scott-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 09:13:34 am »

No.  We've finished adding features.
Pages: [1]   Go Up