INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Does Critical Error Dialog Box Keep Showing Up?  (Read 2021 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Why Does Critical Error Dialog Box Keep Showing Up?
« on: September 30, 2021, 08:19:57 pm »

This darn thing keeps popping up, but nothing seems to to be closing. Why is it doing that & how do I stop it.

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why Does Critical Error Dialog Box Keep Showing Up?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 10:01:46 pm »

Antivirus?

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 12:00:12 pm »

Don't think it has anything to do with Antivirus. It happens only during TV recording.

I'm thinking as I currently have only 4 TV tuners connected at the present time, it is somehow related to the old Out of Tuners or No TV Tuners Found dialog that would sometimes pop-up. However I have not seen that dialog in sometime.

Is it possible that the old dialog has been retired in favor of the current Critical Error dialog?

Maybe Yaobing could shed some light on the subject.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »

I've added two more TV tuners (USB) to my computer. MC detected them OK even though the first 4 are SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro network tuners, and the last two are Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD USB. Hope the USB units pick up on the HD HomeRun channel guide data that I'm using in MC.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 06:58:50 pm »

"Critical Error" is not a good term to use (ask Matt about it, he complained too).

Basically, it means TV tuner failed to tune to a channel and MC has no way of correcting the situation.  For example, hardware failed, or even plain signal issue.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 08:32:38 pm »

Since I've added the two additional USB TV tuners I have not seen the message at all as it now looks like I'm no longer running out of tuners.

The Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD USB tuner has two led lights that come on only when the tuner is actually tuned to a station. I see most of the time no lights, some of the time one light & occasionally both lights which tells me it is being used as an overflow tuner coming on only when the other four tuners in the SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro are in use.

It looks like six tuners are optimal for me as I do a lot of recording & four often did not cut it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up