INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 28 with TV for Convolution  (Read 1934 times)

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
MC 28 with TV for Convolution
« on: October 02, 2021, 10:08:52 am »

Hello all,

I have recently moved to using an FIR to load into Convolution for my 2 ch audio system (8 total channels).  I'd like to know if I can use the convolution engine with an HDMI cable from my TV to my NUCi7 with JRiver MC28 running on it.  If not, how can I do it?   :)

Will this work? 

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 28 with TV for Convolution
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 11:14:27 am »

Nobody?

My podcast:

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 11:19:57 am »

Depends on the latency of the filter, I expect you will find using iir filters instead to be more reliable and easier to maintain lipsync

You then need a HDMI capture card that plays nicely with MC and something to strip hdcp off. For the former, you would need to get a recommendation from someone who has it working I think (I don't and use mpc-be instead with MC handling audio via wdm). For the latter, plenty of options out there.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 11:59:33 am »

Depends on the latency of the filter, I expect you will find using iir filters instead to be more reliable and easier to maintain lipsync

You then need a HDMI capture card that plays nicely with MC and something to strip hdcp off. For the former, you would need to get a recommendation from someone who has it working I think (I don't and use mpc-be instead with MC handling audio via wdm). For the latter, plenty of options out there.

So the HDMI input in the NUCi7 will not work?

My podcast:

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 04:43:52 pm »

I don't know what device you are referring to exactly so impossible to say. HDMI inputs on a motherboard are typically passthrough in my experience not a capture device, don't think I have ever heard of that being a thing (built in HDMI capture)
Pages: [1]   Go Up