INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlists and audio library not updating from Library server  (Read 455 times)

DRA

• Recent member
Smartlists and audio library not updating from Library server
« on: October 03, 2021, 02:25:26 pm »

Hello Everyone, 

I have noticed an issue I have with MC28.  I am not sure when it started, as it was working fine.  I have 2 systems with MC28.0.66 installed. One has my audio files, and setup as a library server.  The second, connects to the library server with no errors, and I am able to browse and play audio files that are listed, using the 'There' zone.

But, the audio library is not updating anymore, from the library server. The audio library on the server is up to date. I tried to sync changes, get no errors, but no changes are added. 

Also, Smartlists are not updating from the library server to the system connected to the server.  Also when connecting to the Library Server, i get a smartlist named 'New Smartlist' that is not on the library server, if I delete it, it just comes back the next time I connect.

I have tried to completely remove MC from the client system and reinstalling, but have not done anything with the server one. 

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Doug

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Smartlists and audio library not updating from Library server
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 02:51:21 pm »

You probably need to set up authentication on the server.

DRA

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 03:25:09 pm »

I have that setup already.

When I connect to the Library server, I use the access key, and enter the username/password I have setup in the Library server config. 

I get no error, but the smartlists and library do not update. 

DRA

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 07:55:00 pm »

I do not if this helps, but if I try to connect to the library server by http://<IP>:52199 It connects (I get no error) but the library is blank, and the Smartlists displayed, are the default ones, and not the ones I have on the Library Server.

Thanks,
Doug

DRA

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 08:18:29 pm »

Well, I am not sure what was going on.  But once I rebooted the media server, its audio library no longer showed the CDs that I had added over the last week, and showed the same thing as the connected system. I did an auto import and every matches now.

Could it have been a corrupted/cached library on the server?
Pages: [1]   Go Up