INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: JRVR Windows Testing  (Read 43446 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: JRVR Windows Testing
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2021, 06:04:49 pm »

The OSD and Overlays have not been integrated yet into JRVR, but will be soon.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2021, 05:40:51 am »

I'm getting dropped frames / stuttering playing some GOT MPLS directly.  I've attached a short frame log from around the 50min mark of 00800.mpls S3 D1 of GOT UHD.  I don't get these issues with madVR, and can find with JRVR and pause/play will help but then at some point it stutters again.  Let me know if you want any other testing. I'm also using VideoClock if that matters.
JRiver CEO Elect

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2021, 06:47:22 am »

Ok, Now I have some issues:
-I resumed a 4K HDR film the next day. The movie starts, sound is coming but no picture (only the information of cursor control)
- 576i videos with 4:3 ratio have a green line approx. 10 pixels right to the 4:3 film and 1-2 pixel wide (Red hot chilli peppers - monkey funks)
- and their deinterlacing doesn't work at all...

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2021, 07:42:42 am »

Oh, one other thing: my Win-Desktop is 1080p24. If I start a 4K movie, the output resolution is still 1080p24. I don't mind as I'm not a fan of eshift.
PLayback settings -> display setting -> automatic change: off or on

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2021, 04:33:42 pm »

Ok, Now I have some issues:
-I resumed a 4K HDR film the next day. The movie starts, sound is coming but no picture (only the information of cursor control)
Weird: 4 times out of 5 it works normally ... I can't find a schemata. Only on 4K (all my 4K are on a local hdd, no network)

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2021, 02:05:04 pm »

Regarding the scaling: I switched the display resolution manually to 2160p and then the playback of uhd movie remained in this Resolution. Starting next a FullHD Movie didn‘t change the Resolution.
(I did the switching with madvr  ;D )

So, still a lot to work….

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2021, 02:24:54 pm »

Resolution switching is not a feature we are currently aiming for. We generally recommend using the native resolution of your screen and benefiting from the scaling features in JRVR.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2021, 02:37:07 pm »

Ah, ok

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #208 on: November 03, 2021, 06:35:59 pm »

Oh, one other thing: my Win-Desktop is 1080p24. If I start a 4K movie, the output resolution is still 1080p24. I don't mind as I'm not a fan of eshift.
PLayback settings -> display setting -> automatic change: off or on
I have a 4K monitor, but my desktop is set to 1080p since most of my apps work better at that resolution. In JRiver I have Video > Display Settings > Display Settings Automatic Change Mode set to Custom and have all my resolutions set to 3820x2160. JRiver switches to 3820x2160 when playing a movie with JRVR and then switches back to 1080p when I stop the movie. I always have used this and never use madVR's switching.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2021, 06:51:00 pm »

+1 what mojave suggests is a really good option as the display rate is changed by MC prior to the building of the graph (which is a more reliable way to work).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2021, 04:54:38 am »

I'm getting dropped frames / stuttering playing some GOT MPLS directly.  I've attached a short frame log from around the 50min mark of 00800.mpls S3 D1 of GOT UHD.  I don't get these issues with madVR, and can find with JRVR and pause/play will help but then at some point it stutters again.  Let me know if you want any other testing. I'm also using VideoClock if that matters.

I pretty well get stuttering on most content after a while.  A quick Pause / Play does not settle it down but a longer one does (say 1 sec).

Edit.  I'm wondering if it is fighting with Video Clock?  I'm now running with Video Clock turned off and so far so good
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2021, 02:22:10 pm »

I haven't done any testing against VideoClock yet. So many things that interact, so little time. It'll definitely be on my list to checkout eventually. If you or others can confirm its fine without, and using it causes issues, that would be helpful.

Do you get audio or video issues when this happens? The frame time log didn't include anything meaningful, just one or two drops and one repeat or such, but nothing that would tell me there was a significant issue.
Also how long is "a while" to trigger this?

Are you playing on a perfectly matched refresh rate, or a mismatch?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2021, 04:53:32 am »

I've never used VideoClock. I tried to today, and I haven't noticed any changes.

As soon as I can, I will watch a whole movie with VideoClock and see what happens

Manfred

« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2021, 11:45:16 am »

I run JRVR since two weeks as standard on my Workstation (output is UW to LG Monitor) and on my Media Renderer (output is 4k to LG OLED).
Video Clock is On on both.
On the workstation I have Display Settings automatic Change Mode =on  (My LG Monitor only supports 60Hz and 59 Hz).
On the Media Renderer I have Display Settings = Custom.
Since the two weeks I have played all different types of video's: From 11kHz 4:3 160x120 12,02 FPS, DVD, BD rips with 29i, 23p, 50p .. up to some 4K HDR demo videos (I don't have UHD BD Rip's). Everythink worked so far - not a single issue.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2021, 02:26:41 pm »

Thanks for testing with Video Clock. 

It was just a guess, trying to work out what is going on and I'll need to test more (most of the testing is on my Dual Screen 3090 setup on Win11 as I can leave MC run on one screen doing stuff on another).   I do see some desync of Audio around the time the stuttering and checking I see I've also got a bit of AV Sync Correction set (50ms) so I'll try turning that off.  FYI - I too also use MC's display rate changer to match the content (all frequencies).
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2021, 03:22:37 pm »

Ran through a eps of GOT (50min).  Got 3 instances of stuttering @ 19:30, 41:30, 43 mins.  This time I did not intervein, just let it run and all times it settled down on it's own between 10 and 30sec.  This was with VideoClock ON and Sync at 0ms. 
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2021, 03:31:42 pm »

Can you post a MC log as well as the frame time log of a full playback, ideally without pausing or seeking? Note that the frame time log is reset for every new video you play, so you have to be sure to get it after the first play.
Or mail it to me if it gets too big. I suppose an hour of video playback might accumulate somewhat of a frame time log, but the entire picture would be quite illuminating.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2021, 04:05:50 pm »

Will do.  I'm currently running an EPS with VideoClock OFF and Sync at 0ms.  Only got one very short set of stutters so far at the 23:30 mark. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2021, 04:33:35 pm »

Link to log sent by PM.  Looked pretty good, only noticed some stuttering at the 23:30 mark for this run.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2021, 05:18:28 pm »

I should probably update the frame time logging so its not overwritten everytime a new playback is started, and instead just put a marker inside. Seems like any log I get is pretty short. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2021, 05:58:51 pm »

Mmmm I did grab the frame log right after stopping (well within a minute or so) and before I'd played anything else.  Next time, I'll play a new EPS with VideoClock On with the folder containing the Log open and grab it straight away.
JRiver CEO Elect

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2021, 06:49:13 pm »

I have had minor issues playing 1080p content, specifically ATSC recordings made by NextPVR. I haven't played other type of video content with MC lately, so it may no be specific to that content. The problem is not frequent, maybe a dozen frames over a 45 minute period. It's random and not easily reproducible. What happens is that the image "blinks", as if frames from a different timeline of the program were inserted in the middle of the video. It is unfortunately quite noticeable to me when it happens.
I'm using a Ryzen 2700 CPU with GTX 1050 Ti, going through a Marantz SR7011 AVR and Optoma UHD65 projector, setup at 4K 60/8 bits.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2021, 01:03:15 am »

Sent a PM with another Log (this time I turned JRVR logging it ON!!!!)
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2021, 02:48:24 pm »

I looked over your frame time log, and something isn't happy with what happens when it needs to repeat a frame to handle clock drift, and it gets into a repeat/drop loop. I'm not sure why yet exactly, but I improved the repeat logging and cleaned some stuff up.
If you can, grab another frame time log with the next build, unless its magically fixed from the small improvements I did.

I couldn't easily reproduce locally, so let me know.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2021, 05:11:19 pm »

Will do (I'm away with work for a couple of days, so it may be later in the week).
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2021, 03:01:50 am »

Also improved accuracy for NTSC-style refresh rates specifically, so look for build 82 and hopefully the added accuracy will calm down the repeat/drop logic, as I think inaccurate VSYNC estimations pushed it into an unexpected VSYNC window. (Also even more frame logging improvements)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tensionfire

• Recent member
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2021, 05:22:03 pm »

How I can implement an 3DLUT?
In the newest build is there a recommendation for one. I can create one with DisplayCal. Is there an option to use it?

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2021, 10:32:23 pm »

How I can implement an 3DLUT?
In the newest build is there a recommendation for one. I can create one with DisplayCal. Is there an option to use it?

No 3DLUT atm for JRVR … don’t think it is planned too …
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2021, 01:25:57 am »

No 3DLUT atm for JRVR … don’t think it is planned too …
It is mentioned as a future feature in https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130657.msg905912.html#msg905912

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2021, 02:30:44 am »

3DLUT is indeed planned, although likely not in the first wave of features, and possibly not the madVR 3DLUT format, which seems underdocumented - but an alternate format also supported by tools like DisplayCal.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2021, 03:06:20 pm »

Not on Public Board
28.0.84 (11/16/2021)
3. Changed: JRVR will report the actual screen refresh rate to VideoClock for more accurate timing adjustments.
5. NEW: The Playback OSD is rendered natively with JRVR.
6. NEW: Support for Blu-ray Menu playback with JRVR

In some quick testing:
- OSD rendering works without dropping in or out of modes
- HDMV BD menus works!
- ...but I seem to have issues with Java BD Menus (see log) with playback terminating
- I'll send a log later today on the sync with VideoClock

Note: I did delete the "libplacebo64" folder to force a re-download incase it was still using the test library from the other day, but the same issue with Java BD Menus (or are there other folders I need to delete to force a re-download of required components??)

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2021, 04:43:28 pm »

Are you sure this particular disc worked on other renderers?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2021, 04:57:31 pm »

Yup - here is log with it working in ROHQ, and not in JRVR on one title as an example (...and in the prior log it should have showed the issue on 3 Java BD discs (from memory))
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2021, 05:03:53 pm »

FYI - If I turn off "HW Accel" then the menus work with JRVR
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2021, 05:07:27 pm »

FYI - If I turn off "HW Accel" then the menus work with JRVR

Here is a log with JRVR, first play is with HW Accel On (and it fails), and then with HW Accel OFF (and it works)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2021, 06:55:11 pm »

3. Changed: JRVR will report the actual screen refresh rate to VideoClock for more accurate timing adjustments.
Sent the Frame Rate log.  Looks good
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2021, 05:46:30 am »

Blu-ray Menu issues should be resolved in the next build (85 or newer)

- UHD Blu-ray Menus could terminate playback immediately (due to changing from 8-bit to 10-bit with D3D11 decoding and encountering an error)
- Menu Playback could get stuck on screen transitions
- Java-based loading animations wouldn't show reliably
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2021, 06:48:58 am »

Sent the Frame Rate log.  Looks good

Indeed, looks just fine. There was a single glitch at around 10 seconds into playback, and nothing for the remainder of the entire file, with stable timing and no drops or repeats. Looks like VideoClock is doing its job now!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2021, 12:34:45 pm »

Yup looks great as well!
JRiver CEO Elect

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2021, 04:52:16 pm »

Wow! .84 is awesome! All the things I mentioned earlier are solved! Very good work, thanks a lot!

Also tested PAL DVD, menue works.

But, I also have this issue with uhd (not with fhd) Resolution is 2160p, hw acc on,  Video clock off
I thought it is a heating problem of my rebuilt htpc, but everything is fine there.

I pretty well get stuttering on most content after a while.  A quick Pause / Play does not settle it down but a longer one does (say 1 sec).

Edit.  I'm wondering if it is fighting with Video Clock?  I'm now running with Video Clock turned off and so far so good

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2021, 05:09:02 pm »

You can't have that problem, because I fixed it. So you must have another problem. :)

The only way to diagnose such issues is for you to enable the frame time logging, play a video long enough for it to occur without disrupting playback (no pausing, seeking, etc), and sharing the log (you need to grab it manually, its not part of the logging zip file).
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2021, 05:13:07 pm »

@thorsten: I'm not sure if I understand your issue correctly, but:
- Video Clock ON: I don't see any dropped or repeated frames as MC is resampling the audio to keep pace with the video.  This only works of you are decoding the Audio (eg NOT bitstreaming)
- Video Clock OFF (or bit streaming audio):  JRVR will drop/repeat the occasional single frame to keep pace with the Audio.

Note: Both the above assumes you are also using MC's Display Rate changer to match the frequency of the Monitor to that of the content being played.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2021, 12:09:43 am »

Blu-ray Menu issues should be resolved in the next build (85 or newer)

- UHD Blu-ray Menus could terminate playback immediately (due to changing from 8-bit to 10-bit with D3D11 decoding and encountering an error)
- Menu Playback could get stuck on screen transitions
- Java-based loading animations wouldn't show reliably

Looking good.  Only "odd" thing I could find is that sometimes when I stop playback, I get the coverart image with an MC overlay saying "Opening" as the graph is being broken down before going back to Theaterview (probably should say "Closing" or "Stopping" etc)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2021, 03:16:45 am »

V86 Testing (not yet on Main Board)

iGPU Testing: Intel NUC7i5BNB with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 (iGPU), Windows 11 with HDR Set to ON all the time, JRVR HDR Passthrough to an LG OLED

I can hardly believe it.... but this 4 year old NUC (and its 640 iGPU) can play UHD HDR HEVC 23.976/50/59.94fps material without dropping frames using JRVR & HDR Passthrough!  I mean 50 and 59.94fps HFR material, not just "std" UHD BD & the image looks great.  I'll not pretend the NUC has anything left in the tank with HFR HEVC HDR material however... the little fan is screaming along and the NUC gets pretty warm.  You also don't want to be doing anything else (even trying to view the performance monitor caused it to start dropping frames).  I only watched about 10mins of a couple of HFR and it seemed fine and stable.  Very Very Impressive and JRVR's performance gains over madVR and EVR should translate well to more modern iGPUs. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2021, 04:53:50 am »

HDR-10 passthrough is working well on a range of different setups.  On OLED and LCD TV/Monitors I think I prefer Passthrough over Tonemapping, but I'm in two minds on the JVC x7500.  I'm going to need to play much more with the various options to see where I land on this one. 

Seems to work well with both the various content I've tried, BD Menus, MC's own OSD.  The only issue (as reported elsewhere) is the subtle pulse in the picture brightness when subtitles appear (but not when MC's own OSD appears - including TheaterView's OSD overlays).

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2021, 04:55:33 am »

I've not yet run through any test patterns to check, but any recommendations on if we should be using Limited or Full in the Video Drivers?
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2021, 06:38:34 am »

Very Very Impressive and JRVR's performance gains over madVR and EVR should translate well to more modern iGPUs. 
VVI !  Thanks!  And thanks for all the detailed testing.  Immensely helpful.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2021, 06:54:49 am »

Working on the subtitle HDR issue. Its a bit on the complex side for various math reasons and interacting components. But hopefully I can get a fix out soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2021, 12:10:33 pm »

Forgive the ignorance, but is HDR-10 passthrough only for TVs? I don't get anything good with the PJ.

Thanks for the ctr-j, but the characters are so small that to read I have to get up and get closer to the screen: is it possible to increase the size?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2021, 12:44:24 pm »

The font size problem should be fixed in the next build, probably next week.

Does your projector support it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up