INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compilation Album with individual covers. Is it possible?  (Read 688 times)

engeee

• Recent member
Compilation Album with individual covers. Is it possible?
« on: October 17, 2021, 09:08:36 am »

Compilation Album with individual covers. Is it possible?

What I'm asking is: imagine you have a Compilation album or maybe a Soundtrack where all the songs on it are also available on their individual artists' album. Can JRiver show the compilation cover when idle but show the group's album cover when played. Like if you had the "Top 50 Rock songs of XXXX" - It may have a cover, but each song would have it's own art. Basically can you assign individual covers to tracks within a "folder/album" having a different cover or does JRiver simply show the cover from the first track as the umbrella folder?

I feel like I'm talking circles - I hope it makes sense?

Thank you,
Steve

engeee

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Compilation Album with individual covers. Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:50:43 am »

I believe you can have individual covers for each track (e.g. matching the original release album) but I don't know how you would deal with the cover of the "Compilation Album".
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

engeee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:39:55 am »

Agreed....but it would be nice...even for making playlists. To have an umbrella artwork and then the tracks have their own.

Steve

engeee

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 11:22:19 am »

I do it by for a lot of compilation albums by saving the image file I want to the track. 

When showing the image file for the album, it shows the first track's image, but shows the album's name.

As for grouping same said artists you can do that by looking at "Audio>Files> and clicking on Artists in Standard View.

I have made a separate View that groups artist's together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up