INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I would like to use DLNA but am not capable  (Read 1557 times)

lello

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
I would like to use DLNA but am not capable
« on: October 27, 2021, 04:35:01 am »

For sure I will say some things for you trivial guys, but as I age begins to reduce my computer skills so please understand me. :-[

I currently use JRiver in my dedicated home theater, with the HTPC connected via HDMI to the receiver and projector and everything works fine.

Now I would like to try using JRiver with home TV via DLNA.

Following the instructions of the wiki, I was able to configure the laptop and then send the video to the TV but as a player I have the one from the TV and not JRiver, so I can't do anything like change audio, subtitles, etc. etc.

Can't it be done or am I not capable? ?

lello

• MC Beta Team
Re: I would like to use DLNA but am not capable
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 01:20:41 am »

Anyone who wants to give me a little help? It would be enough for me to know if it can be done or not.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 01:59:39 am »

I don't know much about DLNA (I cant even get my own setup to work at the moment). More importantly, I am not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish. I also don't understand why you would want to use DLNA in a setup that has a dedicated MediaCenter hooked up to it? MC on a dedicated HTPC is by far more capable and usable than any DLNA setup. In my opinion, DLNA is kind of a last resort solution if nothing else works.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 02:35:05 am »

Evidently I couldn't explain myself well, and the language difference did the rest.

I have a home theater room, located in a detached area of the house, in which I see films with an htpc, on which JRiver is installed, connected to the receiver and the projector via hdmi cable and everything works fine.

Inside the house I don't have an htpc but I would like to see the movies on the TV at home, using JRiver that I loaded on the laptop. The latter is clearly not a 4K nor even 2K so I would like to connect it to the TV via DLNA.

I managed to do it, but the TV uses its own internal player, which does not allow me to use all the functions of JRiver (choice of audio, subtitles, etc. etc.). This is why I was wondering if it was possible to do it.

I found that it can be done with Plex, but I prefer to stick with JRiver.

I hope I was able to explain myself, and that the Google translator did a good job :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 07:58:50 am »

Things to try.  Read the DLNA topic on the wiki.  DLNA has two main methods, one in which you're controlling the server and the other in which you're controlling the renderer.  When you're controlling the renderer, any changes need to be done on that side, so maybe the TV Remote will work.  Or a JRiver remote (Remotes page on the Wiki).

AndrewFG's DMRA can be helpful in finding settings for JRiver that will work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up