INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dirac Live  (Read 916 times)

yys310

Dirac Live
« on: October 28, 2021, 07:30:03 am »

Is the MAC version support dirac live?
I've installed media center 28 trail today but when I tried to add VST or VST3 from Dirac Live both failed.
Anyone running dirac live on MAC too?

HillCountry1901

Re: Dirac Live
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 12:31:13 pm »

I have the same problem.
I purchased a Mini but I'm finding the Mini less useful as time goes on. It was my first try with an Apple desktop. This quit working, Facetime now requires me to purchase a camera and previously I could use it to accept phone calls.  I haven't tried the updated with 4k movies but I was getting dropped frames.
I'll watch this to see if anyone has a solution for the .vst issue.

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 03:24:42 pm »

Not 100% sure this is the right solution, but it sounds like you're on an M1 Mac and running the universal version of MC, the VST plugins are intel versions and won't work unless you run MC28 in rosetta 2 mode, a quick google search doesn't return any hits with m1 + dirac so they haven't released arm64/m1 versions yet.

yys310

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 12:47:02 pm »

Not 100% sure this is the right solution, but it sounds like you're on an M1 Mac and running the universal version of MC, the VST plugins are intel versions and won't work unless you run MC28 in rosetta 2 mode, a quick google search doesn't return any hits with m1 + dirac so they haven't released arm64/m1 versions yet.
Thanks so much for your information.
Yes I'm using the M1 macbook air and I didn't check the mode I run it.
I'll try to run in Rosetta 2 to see if it works later.

HillCountry1901

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 09:45:14 pm »

Thank you for the information. I apologize for not responding before but for some reason I wasn't notified of your post. I'll give it a try in the next day or so when i get some time. I was intending to use the Mini as my Music server/player. Eventually to retire a Windows PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up