INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update library from MC server client  (Read 1203 times)

Ya_Squall

• Recent member
update library from MC server client
« on: October 23, 2021, 08:07:58 am »

Hi there,

I got a PC.A running the MC28 media server, and another PC.B running the MC28 as a client. Connection between A and B has no problem, and the playback on B is perfectly normal.

I use PC.B quite often and sometimes want to make changes to the tags of the library. It seems that these changes only keep on the client and the server library remains unchanged. I wonder is there a way to modify the library from the client remotely? Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: update library from MC server client
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 08:18:35 am »

Turn on authentication on the server.

tarking

• Recent member
Re: update library from MC server client
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 11:52:33 am »

Just stumbled upon this myself today. Turning on authentication was simple on the server but I was baffled how to enter server credentials on the client. This would benefit from some user interface changes IMO. Now the process is not intuitive even if it is simple if you know how.

1. Library Manager does not have an option to setup remote server credentials for a library that has already been added, not even when disconnected and re-connected.

2. If server has "Read-only Authentication" set to "Everyone" client does not prompt to enter server credentials at all. This setting has to be set to "Disabled". Not intuitive at all. I want some clients (those that I personally use) to be able to make changes and others not to. When adding a library there IMO should be an option to enter credentials and if entered connection should be established using them.

First time I tried this so I may be wrong and missed something crucial or am just stupid.

Just occured to me that point 1. may be caused by point 2. Hmmm... I cannot be sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up